What will this sound like?

• Members

Thanks

I'm trying to get into the saturated marshall gain ballpark. You think this would be way off the mark?

Is there a better cheap pedal alternative? No point telling me to save up or anything by the way as I'm nearly a university student and have very little surplus income...

• Members

Originally posted by Johnstinkpants

Thanks

I'm trying to get into the saturated marshall gain ballpark. You think this would be way off the mark?

Is there a better cheap pedal alternative? No point telling me to save up or anything by the way as I'm nearly a university student and have very little surplus income...

Well to get you into the ballpark, the DS-1 can get somewhat close to the Marshally type sound. Those are dirt cheap. There's also the Dano Fab-Tone distortion, also cheap and might get you there. Muff + OD might do the trick, as long as you take CapnMarvel's advice and don't blast the sustain too hard with the Muff.

• Members

try a Dano Daddy-o, which is a knock-off of the old Marshall Guv'nor pedal. jcm800 in a stompbox. hit it with the BMonkey if necessary, might not be.

muff doesnt sound like a marshall. might be good sounds, but its not what you are describing.

Archived