Hempathy

Dreampop6279

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a perfect example of why it's better to build pedals first and sell them after the fact. I think that duderonomous does that with the Monsterpiece fuzz (?).

Once you screw with someone's money (and not communicating is screwing with someone's money) you open the door wide open to every hypothetical misdoing in the book.

If you build before you charge - you run incredibly less risk of unhappy customers (on the service end of things, anyway.)

And if we're talking customized pedals (built to the customer's specs) then you only run the risk of one unhappy customer at a time. And if you can't get that one pedal built then 1.) you suck and shouldn't be in the game and 2.) that customer should be easily appeased with a refund - that shouldn't be difficult to give since it's just one customer.

Okay, okay. I'm off my soapbox. It's Sunday morning and apparently I'm a little "preachy". :D

hempathy: I wish you only the best and am confident that you're going to build some fantastic pedals. And heck, the building experience will probably help get you through what sounds like a bit of a rough spell. I, for one, am certainly looking forward to the reviews.
:thu:

~MkF!
"24 hour odor protection!"

• Members

Originally posted by jasonfuzz

Chances are he isn't Coley Brown, so whats there to worry about.

Ahh, those were the days.....

MONDAY: "What's sol-der?"

TUESDAY: "Just bought some sol-der from Radio Shack!"

WEDNESDAY: "I just made the sickest tone machine ever."

THURSDAY: "I can make you one, too."

FRIDAY: "I received all of your payments and will be working on you pedals right away!"

SATURDAY: "Where can I get some of those input-jack thingees?"

TWO WEEKS LATER: "The snow pack was righteous today. I got some sick air under my board. I'll be working on your pedals any time now."

TWO WEEKS LATER: "What's with all of the hostility? I'm getting crazy emails from some of you guys. I said I'd build your pedals and I'll get to it."

TWO WEEKS LATER: *crickets chirping*

~MkF!

"...and he called it macaroni!"

• Members

Y'know I still can't figure out why anybody gave him any money. He literally had no references or credentials yet people still gave him money straight up knowing he was just a young kid. I think the forums back then were literally obsessed with getting the latest and most unique thing.

• Members

Y'know I still can't figure out why anybody gave him any money. He literally had
no
references or credentials yet people still gave him money straight up knowing he was just a young kid. I think the forums back then were literally obsessed with getting the latest and most unique thing.

I was a reference....I believe.

He built me the first Cheese Fuzz Clone...

• Members

Y'know I still can't figure out why anybody gave him any money. He literally had
no
references or credentials yet people still gave him money straight up knowing he was just a young kid. I think the forums back then were literally obsessed with getting the latest and most unique thing.

Well every builder has to start somewhere . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by hempathy

Let me start by saying I am really sorry guys. My partner and I broke up, I had to move house, I have literally just finished unpacking my stuff. On top of that I have just started a new job and I am sorting out a million other loose ends in my life.

I have been going through a personal and financial hell recently but things are returning back to normal for me. I am working on everyones pedals now and they will be sent out ASAP.

Anyway, here is a shot of my current (makeshift) workbench with most of you guys part completed pedals on it. I am going to be working on them over the weekend.

doing.jpg

Rest assured everyone will get their pedals. I am sorry for the unforeseen delay and lack of comms.

I want a Big Cheese Clone! Your PM box is full!

• Members
Originally posted by hempathy

Let me start by saying I am really sorry guys. My partner and I broke up, I had to move house, I have literally just finished unpacking my stuff. On top of that I have just started a new job and I am sorting out a million other loose ends in my life.

I have been going through a personal and financial hell recently .

Wow! Builders worldwide unite! :eek:

Kinda going through similar things here;
trying to buy a house, got a new job recently, all my ME-time down the drain, financial struggles, IRS on my ass last month, and 2 of my wisdom teeth came through slightly, and will need severe cutting away very soon, all this combined with an ongoing demotivating study and 2nd half of 2006 has been almost completely without any pedalbuilding (1 Miami Fuzz so far). :(

Archived