Would you? i mean..since it's only

sonaboy

• Members

Do you guys hate what that guitar is associated with, or do you have some technical advice to pass along as well..

i KNOW who endorsed the guitar, but i want to ask you about the sounds and scale length - just curious, since it's a japanese made fender with some customization potential...

• Members
Originally posted by exploradorable

courtney love?????

:thu:

well done.

sonaboy, those are supposed to be real unappreciated gems--sort of like the Ibanez Talmans. don't know their market value; the 12 string goes for more than that, i know.
why would you have to "do" the pups? are they shot?

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

:thu:

well done.

sonaboy, those are supposed to be real unappreciated gems--sort of like the Ibanez Talmans. don't know their market value; the 12 string goes for more than that, i know.

why would you have to "do" the pups? are they shot?

no, but i know a friend who has the supersonic guitar from that series, and the humbuckers on that one are squealy stupid. I'd do the same for the supersonic, if i could find a good one to buy, but most for sale are the sparkle models, which i'm not interested in.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

no, but i know a friend who has the supersonic guitar from that series, and the humbuckers on that one are squealy stupid. I'd do the same for the supersonic, if i could find a good one to buy, but most for sale are the sparkle models, which i'm not interested in.

ah, just an upgrade.

here's yer damn specs:

MANUFACTURED IN JAPAN - 1998 - SERIAL #A019191

FRETS - 22 - SEMI JUMBO - SCALE LENTH 25.5", WIDTH AT NUT 1.650"

BODY - SOLID BASSWOOD - PICKGUARD - WHITE SHELL

CONTROLS - 1 MASTER VOLUME, 1 (3) WAY TOGGLE SWITCH

PICKUPS (STOCK) 1 FENDER HUMBUCKING-BRIDGE, 1 VINTAGE ALNICO MAGNET

W/STAGGERED POLE PIECES-NECK

NECK - ONE PIECE MAPLE WITH ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD AND WHITE BINDING

(9.5 RADIUS)W/MATCHING PAINTED HEADSTOCK

COLOR - SURF GREEN (POLY-URETHANE FINISH)

MACHINE HEADS - VINTAGE STYLE (CHROME)

BRIDGE - ADJUSTABLE (STRING-THRU-BODY) NON-TREMOLO

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Fender/Squier+Venus/10/2

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

Do you guys hate what that guitar is associated with, or do you have some technical advice to pass along as well..

i KNOW who endorsed the guitar, but i want to ask you about the sounds and scale length - just curious, since it's a japanese made fender with some customization potential...

here's some technical knowlege: make sure your panties match the guitar

• Members

That guitar makes me want to vomit. Period.

No, I wouldn't want it for any price. In any color. Comparing it to a Talman (which is a perfectly acceptable guitar) is like comparing an '86 Yugo with 3 flat tires and spore mold growing in the back seat to a new Ford Mustang. An 'underappreciated gem' my ass.

• Members

Originally posted by CapnMarvel

That guitar makes me want to vomit. Period.

No, I wouldn't want it for any price. In any color. Comparing it to a Talman (which is a perfectly acceptable guitar) is like comparing an '86 Yugo with 3 flat tires and spore mold growing in the back seat to a new Ford Mustang. An 'underappreciated gem' my ass.

OK, so that's a "no" on this side....

Archived