are we in an effects golden age?

jimmyc84

• Members

Seeing as guitar technology itself doesn't really change, it's safe to assume that fx technology will peak, but never fall. What I mean is, anything that sounds remotely good with a guitar is most likely to be already available. So yeah this is probably a golden age, until modellers get so good no one builds anything anymore.

• Members
Originally posted by percyexpat

its all down to the internet for sure, websites like this. before the internet people simply wouldnt have any resource for finding out about non-famous brands and whatnot. but then i guess that doesnt just go for effects but music generally, and lots else besides.

So true...:)

• Members

Just think...you can go online and get the lyrics and tab for any song you can imagine. Of course, it may be completely wrong, but you can at least start to learn it. Before now you'd have to sit and listen to it over and over and over again if you wanted to learn it, thus wearing out your record and training your ear to hear pitches correctly.

Oh, wait.

• Members
Originally posted by CapnMarvel

Congratulations! Your Civilization has just entered a Golden Age!

For the next 15 turns, pedal costs will be increased by 25%, though tone will remain unchanged.

Your Golden Age will become Obsolete with the discovery of Do It Yourself Soldering.

+1

;)

• Members
Originally posted by Lanefair

Seeing as guitar technology itself doesn't really change, it's safe to assume that fx technology will peak, but never fall. What I mean is, anything that sounds remotely good with a guitar is most likely to be already available. So yeah this is probably a golden age, until modellers get so good no one builds anything anymore.

im sure modellers will eventually get them very very accurate. but i think a lot of people will still like the MOJO of the real thing :eek:

Archived