convince me to buy a Klon

TheWarmth

• Members

If I buy a Klon, I'll pretty much be forced to get rid of two pedals I'm really hesitant to lose, simply in order to afford it:

my Fulldrive II and my Foxrox Hot Silicon

Will it be worth it? I suppose I can always replace either of these two pedals in the future if I decide I can't live without them. Thoughts?

• Members

i hate to say it, but the klon is one of a kind. nothing else boosts like the klon. think of it as a box that sounds exactly like your amp, but WAY rounder and full. the gain is alright too, but not past 10!!!!! i'm gonna get another one day. probably shouldn't have sold my last one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm in a similar situation cept i havce nothing to trade. I have $180 coming to me from the sale of my dl-4 then my board will be essentially blank til my dr. scientist pedals come in, and hopefully i can get enough money up to order a klon. I don't mind waiting though, as my amp has enough gain to get me through til i can fudge around with my tone again. I just need my rig to get me through november tour!

Ben

• Members

I would get the Rocktron Austin Gold and save myself the extra 100's the Klon would cost you.

Klon might have some little special quirks, but like most of the guitar world, it also has ton of placebo effect.

The Rocktron gets the job done IMO.

• Members

I don't care how big the hype is or how deep into your mid-life crisis you are no OD is worth 400 bucks.

The truth is, there are a lot of things that are "overpriced" that people crave( especially in such subjective industries as this!). I don't think it has much to do with mid-life crisis or anything.. its just if you like it or want to buy it and have the means... do so.. if you don't like it you'll get rid of it... if you can't afford it then obviously don't get it or save for it!

Ben

P.S. a PERFECT example of something that should not cost as much as it does is a gibson les paul custom. 3k for a LP custom? its not like its built that much better than the lower value models. not 3000 dollars worth of time and materials!

• Members
Originally posted by fetuspetus

The truth is, there are a lot of things that are "overpriced" that people crave( especially in such subjective industries as this!). I don't think it has much to do with mid-life crisis or anything.. its just if you like it or want to buy it and have the means... do so.. if you don't like it you'll get rid of it... if you can't afford it then obviously don't get it or save for it!

I think you missed out on the best option:

Find an alternative. :wave:

A lot of people here don't like Gibson because of the prices. You'll find more Epiphone users. Or Agile users. Alternatives. :)

• Members

Originally posted by Klisk

I would get the Rocktron Austin Gold and save myself the extra 100's the Klon would cost you.

Klon might have some little special quirks, but like most of the guitar world, it also has ton of placebo effect.

The Rocktron gets the job done IMO.

+1

Archived