I think there's something wrong with my Wah!

apostrophe

• Members

It doesn't have the "wahness" that I need it to!

I always thought it had a great, long sweep with a nice funky quack. Lately I had been noticing it was loosing it's wah so I replaced the battery.

It still sucks! It has a loud, annoying, trebly quack and the sweep is almost non existent. Frankly it's barely wah-ing at all! Also, it's noisy as hell! Toe down position is really staticy...so much so it's unbearable!

WTF?!

It's a stock Vox V847, about a year old....

• Members

Originally posted by jake.lind

Or you just got over the honeymoon stage of owning the wah and not liking what it's really like?

No, there is definitely something wrong! Even my wife was asking why I can't funkrock it like I did a few months back!

I mean, it sounds like it's not even on! There is very faint wah, with no real sweep. It's kind of like just a toe down sound and a toe up sound and nothing in between!

• Members

"Honey, you don't seem to be funkrocking any more.. What's wrong?"

Sorry, I thought that was hilarious. :D

My Snarling Dogs wah did this a few years back. I opened it up and I found the input jack casing was cracked pretty badly. Maybe the input jack itself came loose from the board or something. That's all I could figure it was. I still don't know, though.. I never bothered to get it fixed. It was a terrible sounding wah.

• Members

Originally posted by apostrophe

No, there is definitely something wrong! Even my wife was asking why I can't funkrock it like I did a few months back!

I mean, it sounds like it's not even on! There is very faint wah, with no real sweep. It's kind of like just a toe down sound and a toe up sound and nothing in between!

Did you check the battery?

Archived