Help with a processor?

JoshIsNumber3

• Members

Hey guys, around Christmas or so, I was planning to get a new fx processor for my rack as I have found my PODxt simply doesn't cut it for the music I want to implement into what I already play.

I'm hoping to get very ethereal and spatial delays and reverbs out of the unit, harmonization isn't really that big of a deal, something I would play around with but I can't see myself using it too seriously. And as always, crazy fx are a plus.

the two units I was looking at are the Eventide Eclipse 3.0 and the Kurzweil KSP8. I've heard clips of the Eventide and of course, we know the things it can do, but the other day I came across the KSP8 and from what I've heard from people, it's above the Eclipse in terms of quality of sound but doesn't bother with harmonization, which really doesn't bother me. Also the KSP8 has tons of different delays and reverbs, which really interests me.

Suggestions/comments?

Thanks guys

• Members

i know nothing of those 2,

But i use a digitech 2120. Theyre obsolete, but you can easily get your hands on one via ebay.

Its a tube/SS rack. Preamp, tons of fx, takes a midi pedalboard or the Control One pedalboard.

The 2120 has some ups versus the older models, but namely just how theres NO latency when switching

the 2101 is another older fun one, which i hear is far more tweakable if your an ubergeek, but i guess it lags if you dont have the 2nd CPU+RAM installed

haha yes, CPU and ram

Archived