Need Major Help Fast!

PureTubePower

• Members

i found a MXR Omni on ebay theres a few others also great condition did buy it now for 200. heres the problem im stupid and didnt think about the foot switcher and they dont have one so idk what to do now will it even operate without the pedal.

if anyone can help me out maybe schematics to make a pedal board for it or anyone that has one or way around it i will love you forever.

thanks.

p.s. also im trying to do some research on this problem but since omnis are very rare im having a hard time finding much about the pedal board.

item number 110039812666

• Members

thanks my dads smart with electronics and i am somewhat but i dont see how u can have so many switches all going thru one 1/4 jack idk ill make sense of it sometime like how does it know witch switch is witch maybe a certain amount of resistance on one switch coming on and off and thats how it tells whats what.

idk that pic does help tho anyone have more info.

thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by PureTubePower

thanks my dads smart with electronics and i am somewhat but i dont see how u can have so many switches all going thru one 1/4 jack idk ill make sense of it sometime like how does it know witch switch is witch maybe a certain amount of resistance on one switch coming on and off and thats how it tells whats what.

idk that pic does help tho anyone have more info.

thanks.

I'd wait and see what kind of connector it is. Maybe it's some sort of smaller multi-pin connector like the older Ibanez UE series. Should be pretty easy to wire something up with LED's like that.

• Members

It uses a stereo 1/4" jack, I can open mine up but I fear that there is a good amount of intelligence in there.

From this site: http://www.musicparts.com/products.asp?Company=MXR

MXR 180 Omni Effects Unit Service Manual

Contents: Schematics, Test Procedures, Troubleshooting Guide / Fault Diagnosis, Calibration / Alignment Instructions, Waveform Charts, PC Board Layout, Semiconductor Generic Reference Numbers, Service Bulletins / Engineering Changes / Modifications (D1983) (17pages/$20)

• Members

Originally posted by Sir H C

It uses a stereo 1/4" jack, I can open mine up but I fear that there is a good amount of intelligence in there.

From this site:
http://www.musicparts.com/products.asp?Company=MXR

MXR 180 Omni Effects Unit Service Manual

Contents: Schematics, Test Procedures, Troubleshooting Guide / Fault Diagnosis, Calibration / Alignment Instructions, Waveform Charts, PC Board Layout, Semiconductor Generic Reference Numbers, Service Bulletins / Engineering Changes / Modifications (D1983) (17pages/$20)

Oops, my earlier post meant to include that same link, luckily Sir HC is on the ball :thu:

Maybe contact those people first and make sure the schematics include the foot controller.

• Members

oh wow i called and they did have a diagram for the pedal but he said its about 50+ parts to make it. i mean i could make it with my dad but its gonna cost more money that i dont have i just wish there was another way to switch effects.

or i need to pay someone to make it also need money for that.

:(

who wants to sell me a omni pedal board.

• Members

oh wow i called and they did have a diagram for the pedal but he said its about 50+ parts to make it. i mean i could make it with my dad but its gonna cost more money that i dont have i just wish there was another way to switch effects.

or i need to pay someone to make it also need money for that.

:(

who wants to sell me a omni pedal board.

Hmm, well if you can't afford to make one yourself I would say just keep your eye out on Ebay and any other place that has used gear and try to get lucky and find a footswitch for it. I imagine one by itself would be pretty useless so you might be able to find one for cheap.

• Members

or maybe the person i bought this from ill make sure they know what the pedal looks like and force them to look for it cuz they had 5 of them how could u not have 1 pedal :mad:

thanks guys.

ill put a want add around and anyone wiht more info id love to hear it.

later

• Members

but i dont see how u can have so many switches all going thru one 1/4 jack

Btw the footcontroller to the Gibson Echoplex Pro connects to the rack unit by just a 1/4" mono jack. Voltage controlled, isn`t it?

echoplex_footswitch-a6615e156f62c18c220a

• Members

Originally posted by threm

Btw the footcontroller to the Gibson Echoplex Pro connects to the rack unit by just a 1/4" mono jack. Voltage controlled, isn`t it?

echoplex_footswitch-a6615e156f62c18c220a

I would assume this one is more a PIC or other tiny microprocessor controlled. There are some small ones that can do the one wire communications, so you have power, ground and the digital signal.

Archived