Who has one of these guitars from Rondo Music?

Elliott Damage

• Members

You know what's funny about the page/? It proclaims "as reviewed in Guitar Player Magazine" even though the rag gave Rondo a generally negative review.

I've only tried one Rondo (the black flame LP copy) which I helped my nephew buy, and for the money, the quality is excellent. I don't see why this should be an exception.

c

• Members

Originally posted by M900

You know what's funny about the page/? It proclaims "as reviewed in Guitar Player Magazine" even though the rag gave Rondo a generally negative review.

I've only tried one Rondo (the black flame LP copy) which I helped my nephew buy, and for the money, the quality is excellent. I don't see why this should be an exception.

c

well, Agiles are different than SX. Agile is the house brand, and SX is independent. they just sell 'em. SX are MIC, Agile MIK. i've heard that SOME SX's have sharp overhanging frets, but in general they're supposed to be good for the $.

i've read the Guitar Player review for the SJM. basically it says it's good but the bridge is too high, making the bridge pup weak.

• Members
the SAAOUUNDD! with the sympathetic resonance it sounds like there's 2 guitar parts going on sometimes. it drives effects really well - there's so much content there to work with, but you have be good at muting. it does a great television sound

the neck is fantastic. nice and thick but not chunky.. like a D shape, 9.5" radius. if/when i build my warmothocaster i'm trying to figure out a way to have USACG duplicate the neck from my black one exactly. it's just perfect.

the shape is actually really comfortable standing or sitting, you can rest the bottom cutout on your right leg and play it like a sitar :thu:

dislikes:
it's hard to get the action really low without it buzzing at the bridge, but that's more a function of the design than the guitar, i think

i wish it used a standard strat neck - it uses a 22 fret neck with no ledge for the last fret like a strat

the stock pickups make it something of a one trick pony - it's good for fuzzed out leads and noisy chords but not so much for more mellow stuff. i want to put a pair of minibuckers in my white one.

in short, i don't know why these things aren't talked about constantly in here. it's a $140 jazzmaster, people!!

• Members

i'm reading up over at HCEG.

i wish it could take a replacement neck easier.

i'm seriously considering getting one soon. If I didn't have to have my {censored}ing car fixed, i'd order one tonight. I would have bought alot of stuff tonight.

most of my pedals are more expensive than that guitar, how bad can it be?

i'm thinking about getting the stop tail version BTW. At least for now, I'm not much of a trem guy and it will be easier for me to set up that version.

• Members
Originally posted by onbongos

the SAAOUUNDD! with the sympathetic resonance it sounds like there's 2 guitar parts going on sometimes. it drives effects really well - there's so much content there to work with, but you have be good at muting. it does a great television sound

the neck is fantastic. nice and thick but not chunky.. like a D shape, 9.5" radius. if/when i build my warmothocaster i'm trying to figure out a way to have USACG duplicate the neck from my black one exactly. it's just perfect.

the shape is actually really comfortable standing or sitting, you can rest the bottom cutout on your right leg and play it like a sitar
:thu:

dislikes:

it's hard to get the action really low without it buzzing at the bridge, but that's more a function of the design than the guitar, i think

i wish it used a standard strat neck - it uses a 22 fret neck with no ledge for the last fret like a strat

the stock pickups make it something of a one trick pony - it's good for fuzzed out leads and noisy chords but not so much for more mellow stuff. i want to put a pair of minibuckers in my white one.

in short, i don't know why these things aren't talked about constantly in here. it's a $140 jazzmaster, people!!

but you have to admit it's a bodystyle that's love or hate.
and the pups are P-90s, not JM so it's like a Gibby/Fender hybrid.
you'd think i'd have one by now considering my other gits but the shape is a wee bit TOO wonky for me.

Picture9.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

but you have to admit it's a bodystyle that's love or hate.

and the pups are P-90s, not JM so it's like a Gibby/Fender hybrid.

you'd think i'd have one by now considering my other gits but the shape is a wee bit TOO wonky for me.

Picture9.jpg

i like the body style, but it's true it's either love it or hate it.

What brand was the "jazzcaster" thing you got recently (the one all the way to the right in the photo), I'd like to check that out as well. If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Elliott Damage

i like the body style, but it's true it's either love it or hate it.

What brand was the "jazzcaster" thing you got recently (the one all the way to the right in the photo), I'd like to check that out as well. If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me
:thu:

Titan
seller on ebay is National Musical Supply

• Members

Titan

seller on ebay is National Musical Supply

just checked, they don't have any of those for sale.

So what should I do for a knock around to-be-modded guitar.

The {censored}ed up Jazzmaster or a Squier '51?

Right now i'm leaning towards {censored}ed up Jazzmaster. Why? Cause I like P-90's and ugly guitars.

• Members

just checked, they don't have any of those for sale.

So what should I do for a knock around to-be-modded guitar.

The {censored}ed up Jazzmaster or a Squier '51?

Right now i'm leaning towards {censored}ed up Jazzmaster. Why? Cause I like P-90's and ugly guitars.

only in black.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/NATIONAL-MUSIC-SUPPLY-BUY-NOW-STORE_fg060s_W0QQfciZ5QQfclZ3QQfsnZNATIONALQ20MUSICQ20SUPPLYQ20BUYQ20NOWQ20STOREQQftsZ2QQsaselZ5560518QQsofpZ0
they come and go.

well, the effed up SX JM could be a nice back up for your future V!
:idea:

• Members

only in black.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/NATIONAL-MUSIC-SUPPLY-BUY-NOW-STORE_fg060s_W0QQfciZ5QQfclZ3QQfsnZNATIONALQ20MUSICQ20SUPPLYQ20BUYQ20NOWQ20STOREQQftsZ2QQsaselZ5560518QQsofpZ0

they come and go.

well, the effed up SX JM could be a nice back up for your future V!

:idea:

it's always good to have a back up!

Does the Titan take a standard Strat tremolo?
Maybe i'll win one those.

• Members

it's always good to have a back up!

Does the Titan take a standard Strat tremolo?

Maybe i'll win one those.

that's what it is now--a generic strat trem.

not sure of standard trem sizes.

i can measure mine if you want.

• Members

you don't have to go to all that trouble.

how do you like the trem it has?

er...um...

haven't played it much.

took it apart to put in new pups but it's been on hold cuz i had to get parts for a rather complicated switching plan. (series and parallel, splitting the bridge pup, etc.)

before that it felt really nice actually. i was able to set it up so that it was smoother than any Strat i've played. and it still had 3 springs!

looks like 62cm from center of fist screw hole to sixth. same for saddles E to E. i think that's your basic "narrow spacing" typical of asian gits.

Archived