DD-20 Noise :(

allmonochrome

• Members

i've always been pretty accepting with my rig. when i noticed that my pedalboard was getting pretty noisy (bad noisy), i figured that it was the "cheap" onespot that i was powering everything with. today, however, i decided to investigate it further, and discovered that my dd-20 is the culprit for the noise. whenever i plug it in to my amp (i've tried with it with the onespot, another adaptor, and batteries), it makes a high pitched squealing noise. i've tried everything that i can think of, and it's still making that noise.

anybody else have this problem? anybody have any suggestions? thanks in advance.

• Members

Originally posted by Juat

my DD20 was good for making LOUD SPACESHIP NOISE!!
:mad::eek::freak:

not so much for delays
;):p

my ECHOPLEX is best
:thu::D:o

MDG_pic.jpg

Originally posted by allmonochrome

i moved the dd-20 as far as i could from the amp (10 feet or so), and the supply was just as far, and the noise is still there.
:confused:

sorry.

i tried.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

that's the problem. it needs it's own adapter. it draws like 220ma.

hook it up with it's own adapter and it will be silent.

1spot supplies 1700mA.

so it should be fine.

you can also make sure your amp power chord isn't crossing anything like the 1spot chord.

• Members

that's the problem. it needs it's own adapter. it draws like 220ma.

hook it up with it's own adapter and it will be silent.

one spot could be the culprit too.

hmm, it makes the noise even when i'm powering just the dd-20 with the onespot, and the onespot is supposed to be able to put out like 1700ma.

• Members

i've heard that one spots can be noisy.

whether that's true or not i don't know.

well the onespot may be noisy because it does create some noise when used with any one of my pedals, but the noise from the dd-20 is above and beyond how the other pedals react. i'm beginning to think that the pedal itself has something wrong with it. :cry:

• Members

well the onespot may be noisy because it does create some noise when used with any one of my pedals, but the noise from the dd-20 is above and beyond how the other pedals react. i'm beginning to think that the pedal itself has something wrong with it.
:cry:

try changing the output settings.

and your cable.

and plug your amp into a different socket as your pedal.

• Members

i agree, try some other stuff.

what kind of pickups are you using?

every dd-20 i've used as been dead silent, maybe yours is defective
:(

i've tried two different cables, plugged my amp and my onespot into two different outlets, and played it with two different guitars, one with single coils and one with humbuckers. i even plugged it into my amp without a cable in the input jack of the dd-20, and the noise was still there. oh and i tried changing the output settings too.

• Members

Originally posted by danyeo

Use a Boss adapter. I just got a DD20 and it's dead silent, and it's one of the few pedals out there that actually works in the effects loop.

i dont have a boss adaptor :(. i'm afraid that if i go buy one, my dd-20 is still gonna be noisy with it, and i'll be stuck with an adaptor that i don't need. the visual sound site says that the onespot can be used as a replacement for the boss psa adaptor, which is what the dd-20 uses. i use the onespot with other boss pedals that use the psa adaptor, and they are fine.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

i used the 1spot w/ my DD-20 for years and never had any noise issues that weren't actually related to other things--proximity to amp, etc.

:(

it has to be a defect in the pedal itself. i bought it over 2 months ago at GC, hopefully they will be able to help me still.

• Members

it has to be a defect in the pedal itself. i bought it over 2 months ago at GC, hopefully they will be able to help me still.

oh it's new?

hell yeah.

well, BOSS can.

you got a warranty and {censored} on that, yo.

wouldn't hurt to see if you can try out a BOSS adaptor at GC tho'.

Archived