GT-8 Users

Themetallikid

• Members

I havent had a chance to plug in the unit yet as I'm doing that tonight, BUT because my time is limited, just wondering if any of you would share your wah settings for me to try out.

I'd like a nice expressive wah sound, something with a dramatic sweep in the lower range, but still able to get the top end bite....

I know I'll just have to sit and tweak, but thought this might give me a head start. :thu:

Musicians wah's i like are Kirk Hammet (loadish era) and slash

• Members

Sorry, I can't help you with that. I just tried the different wahs out and decided I liked the Cry Baby emulation best and thats it. However, the four different wahs can be combined into your very own custom wah, maybe something to try out? Anyway, I believe you'll like the wahs on the GT-8. They are one of the best effects in it. And this thing has lots of good effects.
One thing though; since the GT-8 is tweakable beyond belief dont expect to spend just a few hours and then you're done. Well, not unless you're happy with one or two sounds which pretty much defeats the whole purpose of buying a multi-effects unit.

• Members

Originally posted by Themetallikid

oh yeah I know, I come from the GT3 world so I know about 'a few hours' with these units, I already have the first 5 BANKS planned so. I'll definately check it out.

do you know what kinda settings you use or is it just the stock crybaby setting on there?

Stock Cry Baby all the way.

Archived