Sd-1 can tighten, but can it add thickness?

-DOOM-

• Members

Hey guys -

Ok, so we all know overdrive can tighten some tube amps with respect to sag etc, but can it add an additional saturated thickened tone to power chords and lower string vibrato's? I'm not concerned about any bass loss as play detuned, though am very interested in adding single string vibrato thickness. Any comments from experienced parties would be greatly appreciated before I go through the process of hauling my gear down to the music store....Cheers......:thu:

Guitar detuned - 10-70

Peavey Ultra 60

Orange Quad

I play slower style death (groove style)

• Members
Originally posted by dwerlin

i don't know why playing down-tuned would compensate for the major low-end suckage of the SD-1
:confused:

String guage and tonal compensation...guys can I ask that we please stick to the original questions posed....Thanks

• Members
Originally posted by dwerlin

maybe you don't understand what the SD-1 will do to you...when off you'll have nice bass from your amp. once switched on, it'll be like you cranked down the bass knob on your amp.

...just sayin...

my SD-1 has barely any bass roll off :confused:

• Members

Maybe a simple booster could help you out. Something like the DOD 250 preamp, SHO, Katana Boost, SCP( even SCOD)...

Those will get you your 'pushed/thickened' tone in conjunction with your amp's distortion......

Best of Luck!

P.S. Maybe a fuzz if you're looking to add 'oomph' for single notes lines??

P.P.S. Your avatar = :eek:

Archived