GCX Switcher question

FalafelKing

• Members

ok this may be a dumb question but here goes, i noticed on the back of the GCX rack there are 8 sets of Send/Return and In/Outs. I know the effects themselves are slotted for the sends and returns. Do i then connect each set of In/Outs? If i'm using all 8 loops does this mean i have to patch together all of the IN/Outs as well? If i had the unit yet i'd figure it out but im just basing this off the manual diagram and for some reason it doesnt seem to make sense that that is in fact what i would have to do.

• Members

Yes you need to patch the OUT back to the IN of the next loop. Buy yourself 16 jacks and 8 feet of cable and your good to go with the patch cables.

This is a pain, but it is also a bonus. Allows you some cool routing options.

There have been guys that have opened their units up and hardwired the OUT's and IN's too. I wouldn't do it unless your setup was cast in concrete.

• Members

its not as daft as it might seem.
i use 2 loops in front of my rack, 4 loops before my preamp, 1 after and a final 1 as a switcher for the channels on an OD pedal.
if the loops were hard wired i wouldn't be able to do this.
{censored}ing great unit in my opinion.
the only change i would make is for the split outputs to be transformer isolated and maybe loop select buttons on the front for when i cant be arsed plugging in my midi controller.

• Members

exactly dmk...I have a tuner in one loop for bypass, 4 loops for pedals then on to the pre section on a rack FX unit, back to my preamp, out to the post fx section of the FX unit. Oh, and I run it from loops 5-8 and then 1-4 because the cables flow better in the rack that way.:thu:

Archived