Thinking of replacing my old Dynacomp for a new - other - compressor

EmielJ

• Members

My board is finished ( well...hopefully I'll get a Korg tuner tomorrow ), and yesterday was the first day that I could connect all my effectpedals after eachother. I putted the Blues Driver on and I suddenly realised my guitarsound was a lot darker and a lot less punchy than usual. I putted the Dynacomp out of my pedalboard and guess what...I suddenly had way more highend and got back the punch!

So...I quickly mailed a guy who makes and mods pedals, and his answer was clear. 'If you want to get rid of the tonesucking, get it true bypass...but since your Dynacomp is a old one, I wouldn't do it...'

Great :confused: So I'm thinking of selling the Dynacomp... I didn't like the noise it was creating though (especially with the Big Muff on!) ... but anyway I need a new - better - compressor then.

I'm looking for a pedal which is mostly noise-free...or doesn't add that much...my budget is around the price I can sell my Dynacomp for. I only do not know how much really! What would you suggest? Help!

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

how much you want for it?
;)

Well...I have no idea how much the pedal is worth... or for how much they go on the internet (Ebay or something). DOES ANYBODY KNOW IT?

And by the way, I live in Germany (although I'm Dutch) ;)

Originally posted by alteredsounds

Barber Tonepress although that Teese one looks interesting.....

The Barber Tone press looks nice indeed!

• Members

Personally, I would keep the block Dyna Comp at the beginning of my chain. You could cut back the sensitivity knob to remove hiss, I have mine set around 9-10:00.

The CS-2 is worth looking into, but the prices have risen right much. One could cost twice what you would get for the Dyna Comp, not sure of what variables could take place. The CS-2 can pretty well nail the effect of the Dyna Comp, in my opinion. Get one if you can find it cheap. I have my Dyna Comp in front of a chain which ends with a CS-2, set as a limiter. If you use any keyboards or synths as well, I would buy the CS-2, for sure.

• Members

Originally posted by vaprogger

Personally, I would keep the block Dyna Comp at the beginning of my chain. You could cut back the sensitivity knob to remove hiss, I have mine set around 9-10:00.

The
CS-2
is worth looking into, but the prices have risen right much. One could cost twice what you would get for the Dyna Comp, not sure of what variables could take place. The
CS-2
can pretty well nail the effect of the Dyna Comp, in my opinion. Get one if you can find it cheap. I have my Dyna Comp in front of a chain which ends with a CS-2, set as a limiter. If you use any keyboards or synths as well, I would buy the CS-2, for sure.

Thanks! Does the CS-2 add the same amount of noise when used with a highgain distortionpedal (like a Big Muff) like the Dynacomp?

Archived