Belcat analog delay?

mukuzi

• Members

Originally posted by autopilot

I'm talking based on reviews, it's digital (PT23xx) with the high end rolled. It sounds good for the price you pay and it isnt easily modeable since it has SMD parts

Yes. I have one. It's not nearly as good as my analog Ibanez Delay champ, but for the money I don't think you could beat the build quality and sound.

• Members

Tried one the other week against a DMM and a DOD fx96.... It's warmer than a boss digital delay (not hard...), and does a pretty effin' good job for the money... but as has been said before, it doesn't self oscillate, and doesn't seem to be easily moddable. Good value for something very basic though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members

i read somewhere else that this delay sucks tone pretty bad... how does it match up against a dano pb&j? the price isn't that much difference, so i'd go purely based on sound quality/minimal noise/ tone suckage. fill me in
:)

Not a tone sucker.

I know your post is a couple of years old but anyone reading it's a good question.

The only Dano's I've had were a Chicken Salad Vibrato and also a metal cased Daddy-O. I've heard Dano's are total cr*p with respect to bypass tone sucking.

I've had my DLY-303 for nearly 2 years. It still works properly but it's had an easy life snuggled on the corner of my pedal board. I'm currently shopping around for a better truly analog unit. Before I ditch it I thought I'd try some mods.

I wonder what pedal you went with?

Archived