Metal Zone as a clean boost

Jody Butt

• Members

Just tried this tonight. Man, brutal tightness. I would have never thought to try this had my fellow forumites not mentioned that a number of well-known death metal bands (e.g. Cannibal Corpse, Deicide) use it.

I highly recommend that anyone with a metal zone kicking around try using it as a clean boost. I like it more than my SD-1.

If anyone wants some settings to try for starters, just let me know, and I will post them. [basically, set up your amp for a good tone with lots of mids. Setup the Metal Zone for a good tone. Drop the distortion on the MT-2 to zero. Bring the level to max. Drop the gain/distotion on your amp down to zero. Then slowly bring it up until you start to get fizz. Then bring it back down again to get rid of the fizz. I ended up setting the gain on my amps to about 30% of what I regularly use.]

Cheers, guys.

• Members

Originally posted by mark7171

the MontesTrigain-2germainuim is a great pedal. 3 styles of clipping circiut micro switched. better caps, better resistors, which make for a transparent effect. put one of those in and come back to tell us some tone stories. we'll share.

Sounds awesome.

Boss should seriously include a note in the Metal Zone manual about using it as a clean boost.

Archived