Q-Tron+ Question

ohante

• Members

I just got the EH Q-Tron+ (the one with the FX Loop).

Has anyone else experienced a severe reduction in the guitar signal when the pedal is active? If I turn the effect off, the signal is fine.

But, when the FX loop has an effect in it, everything seems to balance out well.

Was this intentional so I "have" to use the FX loop?

Thanks in advance.

• Members

I'm thinking of getting one, but the reliability reports in the HCFX reviews are some of the worst I've seen for a pedal. 4.5/10 total and nearly every one reports some sort of fault, several with things not working straight out of the box. EHX, if you're listening, make em better. I'd gladly pay $30 more for better parts if it meant they pedal would hold up in the long term.

• Members

Interesting also: Even the newest Q-Tron+s aren't true bypass. They use a 3PDT switch, but it's wired like a SPDT, that is 6 unused poles. I've had a few and rewired them completely with all new wire, true bypass and new jacks. A real pain in the ass but makes for a pretty nice pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

Bizarre. Is it relatively easy for a novice to do? I've built a TB box that turned out ok. I opened up my flanger hoax the other day and it's not even traditionally wired. There's a thin PCB board wiring up the switch.

It's not necessarily hard, but will try your patience. I'd say, if you can open up the pedal and figure out what you need to do, you can probably do it. Just be careful when desoldering the PCB as it'll lift a trace really easily.

Archived