Muff Question...

ert

• Members

Does anyone else find the BMP too aggressive/muddy sometimes? I have an SG into a Peavey Bandit 112 and I find it really hard to use the Big Muff for anything other than bringing out a solo. I have talked to a few who use it with their lead channel, which I am trying.

Is there anything that is similar but can be dialed down a little bit more for use in chords? I am considering the Diamond Fireburst but haven't had a chance to try it yet...

• Members

I have this same problem. I have a damned hard time setting a Muff to be anything but REALLY BLOODY LOUD when it comes on - set it too low and it loses definition, set it bright and punchy enough and it's too loud.

The further on I go I realize I like Fuzz Faces best of all. They seem to have a much wider useable range than any other fuzz pedals I've used.

Not that I don't like Muffs, but I feel if I were to use one, I would have to commit to using it all the time.

• Members

I realize that the bandit is not the best, next on the list is the Vox AC30 or the Orange AD30. I was just wondering if it was something in my setup or if others have noticed this with the muff. Everyone talks of the muff as the shiznit, but I am not finding it.

• Members

Originally posted by ert

I realize that the bandit is not the best, next on the list is the Vox AC30 or the Orange AD30. I was just wondering if it was something in my setup or if others have noticed this with the muff. Everyone talks of the muff as the shiznit, but I am not finding it.

They are not for everyone but try it again with a better amp. The Diamond Firebusrt is a great pedal but for $200 you could get a better amp or get closer to one.

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

They are not for everyone but try it again with a better amp. The Diamond Firebusrt is a great pedal but for $200 you could get a better amp or get closer to one.

That is true, perhaps I should put th $$ into a new amp, but is it really going to make a drastic change in the big muff sound or am i getting the general idea of how it will sound now? - Plus the thing is so freaking huge it is a pain managing it on my board.

• Members
Originally posted by ert

That is true, perhaps I should put th $$ into a new amp, but is it really going to make a drastic change in the big muff sound or am i getting the general idea of how it will sound now? - Plus the thing is so freaking huge it is a pain managing it on my board.

Sell it in the spam thred or on Ebay and put the money to a new amp.:thu:

• Members

ok ok ok, i will look at some new amps. geez, join a forum and BOOM - dead. this may not be part of this thread, but the classic 30 and valveking have been mentioned but any others for good fuzz sound?

i have heard the classic 50 sounds good, i love playing on on the ac30 what else is there for around 900 cdn that is comparable? i really want something with good od as well as i have found in my humble (maybe limited) expirence that built in sounds better.

• Members

Originally posted by ert

ok ok ok, i will look at some new amps. geez, join a forum and BOOM - dead. this may not be part of this thread, but the classic 30 and valveking have been mentioned but any others for good fuzz sound?

i have heard the classic 50 sounds good, i love playing on on the ac30 what else is there for around 900 cdn that is comparable? i really want something with good od as well as i have found in my humble (maybe limited) expirence that built in sounds better.

How about a Traynor? I guess they are cheaper up there??

Archived