using a nord lead 3 as main midi controller

Stella Joop

• Members

last night i spent some time demoing a few items. i by far enjoy the nord lead 2x. my only gripe being (from what i understand) i wouldnt be able to use it to control my soft synths via midi, although i could with a NL3. is this correct?

does anybody have any negative thoughts about using a nord lead as a main MIDI controller for a little project studio to control soft synths? (i mean, of course i would also be using all the nord's own sounds as a stand alone synth in a ddition to using it to control the soft synths)

if i at anytime seem ignorant in this thread, its because i am. im not much of a techie but im trying to learn more, up to this point i just use them to create.:o:wave:

thanks guys.

• Members

i think i will!! :D

but yeah, i really cant remember where i heard that from :o

but ummm, so as far as every knob being able to send control changes, does this mean that for example...say i have a patch pulled up on a malstrom, in reason, and im using the nord as my controller to play the malstrom patch...i can use the ADSR knobs on the nord and the ADSR sliders on the malstrom will adjust accordingly?

and i actually would prefer a short board. however after having played the nord i was pretty suprised that they had such cheapy keys on such a unit. oh well, i think i can get past it.

• Members

cool. best i can gather the main differences between the 2x and the 3 are the aftertouch and the LCD screen fro editing, and the control over the arpeggiator (which is a big deal to me).

upon messing around with the 2x last night, as far as the arpeggiator it seems like it is mostly doen manually? like, now when i pull up a sound in reason, on my kurz (controller) i turn the arp on, set the BPM, quarter notes, 16th, eigths, 32nds, and adjust the pattern, etc...but the 2x dosnt have those options it seems. from what i gathered the 2x arp is just adjusted manually? like, you cant program in the BPM on it and stuff? but you can on the NL3?

• Members

I'll tell you what, once you get the nord I'll trade you my Yamaha MIDI keyboard. It has some of the finest synth action you can get, and it is 49 keys just like the nord!
:D

no thanks :o

im tired of using strictly soft synth/controller, been using a pc88 for control. im ready to get my hands on some damn knobs

:D

Archived