Monsterpiece Effects. Praise plus a long, boring story.

inlifeisdeath

• Members

Hello all,

I posted a thread a few weeks back, inquiring about Richard Coibion's Monsterpiece Two-Head Fuzz.

Reason being that I was rather apprehensive about ordering from a builder that I have not heard of before. (my personal ignorance)

Furthermore, I am located half way across the globe from Richard, so if this deal screws up for whatever reason, it is highly unlikely that I can recover my loss.

Now that you have understood my fears, let me commend on Richard's excellent service and outstanding product.

First off, Richard kindly and patiently answered my every PM, chogged full with questions, almost instantly.

He treated me so well that I felt that his service alone justifies my purchase.

Shipping was fast, I received the pedal in 9days. All packed sweetly and securely.

And the pedal, damn. The Monsterpiece Two-Headed Fuzz is two pedals build into one. And what a monster it is!

I have been playing it with since the afternoon, and I simply cannot get a bad sound out of it. It sounded great with my rig at home.

Similarly, it sounded just as fantastic at the studio where my band jams/practises at. A couple of fellow guitarists had a go at the Monsterpiece Two-headed and were similarly impressed.

The bias knob is really useful, the description of it being the 'flavour' knob is apt. I can get a whole range of musically inspiring fuzz tones.

And, everything I read about the pedal's tone proved accurate!

The NPN side is brighter, and in my opinion, more raspy while the PNP side has is warmer.

I'm setting the NPN side to have a full-on fuzz, while the PNP side settles my need for a creamier, smoother fuzz tone.

This pedal is very touch-sensitive and dynamic, but it is not overpowering. My amp and guitar's tone is retained.

Also, interacts really well with the volume knob, plus it cleans up great.

I am quite particular about these two aspects, and the Two-Headed scores high.

And lastly, the construction is top-grade. I cannot emphasise on this point enough.

Superbly clean and excellent wiring and build. Everything inside the pedal is perfect, simply perfect.

This pedal is worth double its price tag.

I am completely satisfied, highly impressed and insanely happy with my new aquisition.

This pedal might not suit everyone, but if you are on the hunt for a versatile and high-quality fuzz pedal, the Monsterpiece Two-Headed Fuzz deserves serious consideration. It settled my GAS for fuzz pedals, and I went through quite a few of them.

NOTE:

I am in no way affliated with Richard.

My praise is purely borne out genuine satisfaction.

Here are some pictures of my black Two-Headed, :thu:

4g7wua8.jpg

2utke3r.jpg

• Members

I humbly bow down in thanks to your praise :)

I love knowing that people really do dig the pedals that I make. I take great pride in each and every one of them, and refuse to sell anything that I myself would not personally use.

Again, thank you for your kind words... it is greatly appreciated.

• Members

Originally posted by i51423

What is this fuzz like? Is it a Muff kinda deal?

Well, not really... the Big Muff is a very, no, extremely compressed sounding fuzz. The Monsterpiece is dynamic and responsive to your picking, guitar, and amplifier. It still gets plenty raunchy & fuzzy sounding, though... it's just capable of a whole lot more than that, too.

• Members

the wiring in those makes my pants tight...:love:

one day i'll purchase one of these. i simply have never played a fuzz pedal, ever. it's not really my cup'o'tea, but i have a feeling that buying the two-headed monster will end my fuzz search very abruptly. of course, that's probably because i'll never go out and try any other one.:D

• Members

NICE! :thu:

i hadn't plugged my guitar for weeks...stupid late hours at work. last night i plug in, stomp on my NPN and heaven! i wished it wasn't so late cuz i was just warming up.

Richard does make a high class product.

Archived