Mesa Boogie F50, Mark I RI, or ? Combo

wednesdaysworse

• Members

Looking for combo to handle medium clubs (300 people) unmiked and large summer fest stages miked for blues/funk/rock with Strats. Have used Fender Vibrolux RI, small 45W Rivera and a few 30W tube Peaveys with so-so happiness. Now considering Mesa Boogie F50 or Mark I reissue. Any input, reviews, comments are appreciated. I would like to keep it 1X12", 50-100W, under 65lbs and under $1300. Ability to easily add a speaker cab also helpful. I don't care about bedroom or rehearsal space reviews - I need a reliable gigging amp. Good clean is important. Mesa seems to be a good fit. Ideas? Thanks.

• Members

Thanks, hbar. For me, guitars are easy to like, amps are not.

I guess I'm looking for a little more...

More Fender watts would probably mean a Twin (my back twinges) or a higher end Rivera (my wallet is killing me). I am curious about Mesa line. But, the Santana legacy bothers me... I like his playing but not his sound. Help!

• Members

Just pick up a used MK IV and be done with it. More power than anyone will ever need and you can always add a 1 x 12 cab. Great for anything from medium size clubs on up. Pick up an amp cart and the weight won't be an issue. Great tone is supposed to hurt! :thu:

Archived