Sleeper Pedal HBE Big D

therhodeo

• Members

I dont know why more people arent playing these. Very nice distortion sound. Like WacoPaco has said its not a bedroom pedal. Like a race car you really have to get all over it to see what she can do. I love the 5 way switch. I normally switch between setting #1 which is basically a power screamer sound, #3 a much harder distortion sound with plenty of bass, and #4 which is kinda hard to describe. #5 is a really sweet fuzz sound but I really don't use it much. One thing to know if you get one. This thing has huge amounts of output so be careful. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Televator

I thought that one of the main ideas behind OD / Distortion pedals was that you didn't have to crank them up.

Basically I meant its not a bedroom pedal. Sounds amazing with a full band. Its not one of those smooth sounding pedals that make your guitar disappear live.

• Members
Originally posted by Televator

I thought that one of the main ideas behind OD / Distortion pedals was that you didn't have to crank them up.

you dont 'have' to crank it up. It sounds great at bedroom levels. But where the pedal really shines is at gigging levels, with a full band. Some od's sound GREAT by themselves, but get lost when in a full band situation. Not the Big D.

• Members

funny thing is, i've been trying to kick it off my board ever since i got it. Searching for something 'better'. My rig has never seen a gig without the BigD since i got it. So i guess i'm just a typical tonefreak who's never satisfied. But i sure am happy.

Archived