What would you trade to have the search function back?

Jaymeister

• Members

Not having access to a search function is getting beyond annoying. I'm sure we could discuss diverting resources from other areas of the forum to have the search...Here are some ideas...they are not exhaustive, and I have no idea if removing any of these would have an impact.

• Members

Killing the more useless forums would be nice, but I think purging the inactive accounts is a must. If you look through the user list there are TONS of names with 0 posts. If they can go through and look for any username that hasn't logged on for the last year, send it a pm asking if they still use the account and then delete it a week later if there is no response. Even if that doesn't speed things up they need to do that.

Of course doing that would lower the number they can trot out for "number of users" when they're making advertising deals...so I doubt it will happen.

So yeah, kill Open Jam. :D

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

Not having access to a search function is getting beyond annoying. I'm sure we could discuss diverting resources from other areas of the forum to have the search...Here are some ideas...they are not exhaustive, and I have no idea if removing any of these would have an impact.

I would have added "Lose your post count".

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

Doing away with PM's would be an even dumber move than killing the search function. The forums would be flooded with "Hey inscho..." threads, or whoever. I'm not
just
picking on the lil' tiger.

Yeah pms are necessary. Avatars and sigs can't possibly take up that much space.

Oh, and I've got another one:

NO MORE {censored}ING INTEGRATED VIDEOS PLAYING ON THE FRONT PAGE!!! WHAT A HUGE {censored}ING ANNOYANCE AND WASTE OF SPACE!!!! ARRGGGGGGGG!

• Members

Originally posted by danut

I would have added "Lose your post count".

How bout not. That would suck. Not only would we not have a trade reference thread to go by but then we would be with out any way to judge how long someones been here for reference on a trade.

• Members

Originally posted by therhodeo

How bout not. That would suck. Not only would we not have a trade reference thread to go by but then we would be with out any way to judge how long someones been here for reference on a trade.

I got news for ya, all of OJ is Hall of Fame.

• Members
Originally posted by Wilbo26

Killing the more useless forums would be nice, but I think purging the inactive accounts is a must. If you look through the user list there are TONS of names with 0 posts. If they can go through and look for any username that hasn't logged on for the last year, send it a pm asking if they still use the account and then delete it a week later if there is no response. Even if that doesn't speed things up they need to do that.

Of course doing that would lower the number they can trot out for "number of users" when they're making advertising deals...so I doubt it will happen.

So yeah, kill Open Jam.
:D

+1

• Members
Originally posted by Jaymeister

I posted this poll in the amp forum as well at the same time as here. It has got one vote so far, and is already on page two. I guess they don't really care about anything but the moment:rolleyes:

They cared last month.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1449609&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

:wave:

Archived