Dreamtone?

yablokonooza

• Members

I stumbled over Dreamtone effects at a music store in Cambridge, MA - don't know much about them, and the search function hasn't been too informative...

Anybody use them, know anything about them? (Beyond what you can find on the site...)

They look pretty interesting.

Much obliged and cheers!

• Members

I wish I could talk about them, I traded Seth some gear for some custom pedals but as it was a trade it's taking longer to get the pedals finished than I thought it would because my work is low priority.
So all I can talk about is how disappointed I am in the wait time for custom work.
I'd say try it out in the store and if you dig it, get it.
:confused:
:wave:

• Members

i'm having a frustrating time with them currently. ordered a small production run pedal - was quoted 1 month max. it's been four months. still no sign of it. i get emails occasionally telling me that it's almost done. then i'll get an email a month later stating that he's just stuffing the board right now. he refuses to give a refund. ymmv.

edited: to be fair, he just emailed me and told me he's been moving. supposedly, it will be done in a week. (not holding my breath).

• Members

I was interested in the Chorus a while back and the guy was fairly responsive to my emails. Only he'd anwser the question in one line and then SPAM his other products, telling me what kind of package deals he can do. It was a little tacky. I liked their cases back then - midnight blue with a moon face and stars and stuff.

Shame to hear he's now jerking people around. I suppose he's feeling the effect of trying to grow his product line too much too soon. He's been on the scene barely any time and has something like 20 pedals. MI Audio was around for years with only 2 pedals. I think you really have to establish yourself with maybe 3 pedals max before you try to expand. Dr Scientist is another recent example, though admittedly if they hadn't run their 25% off intro offer for a full month who's to say they wouldn't have been overwhelmed. He probably can't afford to have parts for everything in stock so he has to order them in when someone "buys" a pedal - but he buys in bulk to save and so has to wait a while for more people to "buy" pedals to get the money and the necessary amount of parts to place the order, then the order is delayed etc etc. :rolleyes:

Archived