Mica Fuzzder pics for DiscoFreq

Pengrin

• Members

Thanks!

Does it say "Mica" somewhere on the pedal?

I have pictures of these effects (only the name is different):

Mica FT-12 Fuzzder

Mica FT-12 Wailer (I found the mica pictures after contacting you ;))

Melos FS-1 Fuzzder

Monacor FS-1 Fuzzder

So maybe your pedal is a Melos or Monacor (as it says FS-1)?

• Members

Mine actually has no brand name on it. I only assumed it was a Mica since I found a pic on the net that looked identical to mine.

Mine has no brand on it, just "Fuzzder Model FS-1" to the right of the on/off switch. On the left it has "Solid State".

So you are correct it could be something else.

• Members

Very cool guys. I just learned more about my pedal!!!

And nice website you have there DiscoFreq. I was surfing it yesterday and found some mods that I have done to my new USA Big Muff. Awesome collection of links and info.

Keep up the good work!!:thu::D

• Members

Hey DiscoFreq, as promised here is a better photo of the Fuzzder.

I also modded my Big Muff based on some info I found on your website. I have a 5 way tone switch to change the capacitor in the tone stack, a switch to disconnect the clipping diodes and a switch to bypass some resistors for the "creamy dreamer" mod. Sounds great with all of them. Really versatile now.

:thu:

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I've been trying to find one of these pedals for ages! The Fuzzder (love the Fender-style "F" in the logo) was just soooo awful-sounding, I couldn't help but love it. Even though it had serious feedback issues, and tended to be very RF sensitive, it had a sound I just loved! It had really uneven break-up, boosted your treble all-to-hell, and did nothing to help your sustain. At the minimum Fuzz setting, it sounded like a badly damaged, separating speaker cone. At maximum fuzz, it sounded like your cat dying loudly. Playing chords through it was pure aural barf. Combined with an MXR Bluebox, it sounded just plain crazy!

Wish I'd kept my old one. They sold for only $15.00, brand new in music stores in the mid 1970's in Toronto. Now when I go looking for them, they're next to impossible to find. Can't even find any schematics. All that turns up is schematics for the Shin-Ei fuzz, which is still too slick-sounding, in comparison.

If anybody has a Fuzzder that they don't have any use for, PM me. I really miss that nasty little fuzz.

Paddy

Archived