bd-2 and a big muff?

thickfreakness

• Members

Originally posted by thickfreakness

i recently purchased a bd-2 and fell in love with it but now I want a fuzz box. Does anyone have any opinions on a bd-2 and big muff combo? I play mostly blues/blues rock.

thanks guys
:D

*** WELCOME to the HC fx-boards ***

OK, YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS !!!

But seeing that it is X-mass, i will not lie - promise !

I love, the White Stripes, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Black Keys, Datsuns & Wolfmother.

I also have a Blues Jr. (used at 90% of vol. - most of the time !)

. . . and the question you asked, is the one i know all to well !

THAT IS WHAT I USE FOR MY SIG TONE !!! - I KID YOU NOT !

I LOVE MY TONE TOO : BD-2, going into a BIG MUFF !

IMHO, the BD-2 is a seriously underrated OD, and the Big Muff is just sooo, ermmm, BIG sounding ! (hey, what is good for the White Stripes, Dino Jr & Mudhoney, must be good for lil' ol me)

What amp and guitar do you use ?

I sometimes swop the BD-2 for my super modded (custom-clone) RAT with LM308 chip !

I am getting a VD SuperFuzz soon, and will pair the RAT w. it so that i have two complete sets of "OD-into-Fuzz" set-ups !

Get the Muff, and you will NEVER look back !

So on that happy note . . .

A BIG MERRY FUZZ-MASS TO YOU MATE !!!

;)

• Members

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'm playing a Schecter C-1 Elite through a Vox AD15VT, probably not the ideal blues setup...but it works :)

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a huuuuuuuge Black Keys fan.

Now hopefully I'll get enough money for Christmas to buy a Big Muff.

• Members

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I'm playing a Schecter C-1 Elite through a Vox AD15VT, probably not the ideal blues setup...but it works
:)

As you can probably tell from my username, I'm a huuuuuuuge Black Keys fan.

Now hopefully I'll get enough money for Christmas to buy a Big Muff.

This is the part where everyone tells you to get a Little Big Muff. Don't. They are the most aggresive sounding Muffs and would not be best for blues. For Blues you may even want a Double Muff or this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Righteous-Tones-Sonic-MAYHEM-Creamy-Smooth-Fuzz-NEW_W0QQitemZ140044442848QQihZ004QQcategoryZ41418QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I have one and it is way more smooth and sounds better then any Electro Harmonix Muff made right now.

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

This is the part where everyone tells you to get a Little Big Muff. Don't. They are the most aggresive sounding Muffs and would not be best for blues. For Blues you may even want a Double Muff or this

I have one and it is way more smooth and sounds better then any Electro Harmonix Muff made right now.

Thanks a lot for that link man. I listened to the audio samples and I really liked what I heard.

• Members

Thanks a lot for that link man. I listened to the audio samples and I really liked what I heard.

mmmmm . . . .must say i like it too !

I also like the JACK (amp/pedal), looks like the thing i always wanted for those late night practise sessions !

Never heard of this co. before though !!!

Thanx for the link !!!

;)

Archived