double muff

kishjor

• Members

I like it.

I use it either as an add-on flavor using single muff for a nice mid hump/dirt addition or as a stand alone distortion. I think it has more of a distortion sound than a big fuzz. Its cool and dirt cheap and so far it has been very reliable for me.

Oh yeah and

Hello:wave:

• Members

Yeah, I have been asking the same question for a few days, and I can't seem to get a clear answer other than "it's a kind of stacked fuzzy OD sound. . ." which is a good answer, but more specifically I am really curious about how flat the mids are, and what it sounds like in that respect.

Here is a demo, which helps a bit. . .

• Members

Originally posted by RJpilot

I like it.

I use it either as an add-on flavor using single muff for a nice mid hump/dirt addition or as a stand alone distortion. I think it has more of a distortion sound than a big fuzz. Its cool and dirt cheap and so far it has been very reliable for me.

Oh yeah and

Hello:wave:

Okay, so it's got a kind of natural OD mid hump to it? Cool. Now, what about the balance of the tone? I have heard from some that it is really harsh and trebly, and has terrible bass and even lower mid response - do you think that's true?

Archived