Classic 30 or Bassman 50w head?

theweight

• Members

i had a tweed peavey classic 50 2x12 and it benefitted GREATLY from new tubes and speakers. i put weber bluedogs in there and JJ tubes, awesome. the drive channel is for sure one of the more usable drive channels on a peavey. i did sell it because of the overall build quality though.

i'd get the bassman.

• Members

Originally posted by theweight

The Bassman has a slight hum when turned up to loud volumes, which is partially why I got it for $300 (great price). I have a friend who's a tech, and he repairs all my stuff for free when I can't do it myself, so I'm not too worried about it. I don't mind buying new tubes, or a cap or something if it comes down to it.

If you have a tech friend who will fix it for free, and a cab, this is a no brainer. Get the Bassman. When he fixes it up, you should be able to sell it for a nice profit.

• Members
Originally posted by lostandfoundpdx

i had a tweed peavey classic 50 2x12 and it benefitted GREATLY from new tubes and speakers. i put weber bluedogs in there and JJ tubes, awesome. the drive channel is for sure one of the more usable drive channels on a peavey. i did sell it because of the overall build quality though.

i'd get the bassman.

the drive chan is a brilliant marshall sound

I only wish it were builded better :(

• Members

Originally posted by Minibucker

Another vote for the Bassman... I had one many years ago and wish I had it back!

mine does have the bass channel modded to be a tweed/marshall preamp, so I use the normal (AA864) for cleans, and the modded bass channel for o.d.

Interesting.. who does that?

^

Steve

Archived