thoughts on the new Peavey JSX Mini amp...

butterknucket

• Members
Originally posted by capnbringdown

It could be nice depending on how it sounds and how much it costs. Is this supposed to be competition for the valve jr?

See the thread linked above. The short answer is, no. Much deeper in terms of features, significantly pricier, and intended (I'm guessing based on the specs) as a much more serious piece of gear.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. dysorexia trolled that one to death. Here's the specs...

00590670.jpg

Lacks the mojo of a Blackface Vibro Champ, but looks to have a LOT of potential as a recording tool... if it doesn't suck.

• Members
Originally posted by SirJackdeFuzz

OVER PRICED
- IMHO

For that money i am getting an Orange Tiny Terror
:evil:

Fair enough, but they're really different beasts. Plus this'll street for $400-ish and you're ignoring the cost of a cab for the Tiny Terror.

The attenuation, cab-sim XLR-out, and FX loop point to a handy recording and grab'n'go practice set-up. If it had a 6V6 I'd think of it as a Champ+, but with more ugly.

• Members

Originally posted by utterhack

Fair enough, but they're really different beasts. Plus this'll street for $400-ish and you're ignoring the cost of a cab for the Tiny Terror.

The attenuation, cab-sim XLR-out, and FX loop point to a handy recording and grab'n'go practice set-up. If it had a 6V6 I'd think of it as a Champ+, but with more ugly.

Given the competition in the $400-500 price range, the Peavey seem to cost a lot, but we're ignoring the fact that the other amps are running with way less features than the Peavey. If you'er going to use the fx loop and the trem, not to mention the direct out, you can't go cheaper.

That being said, I'm calling dibs on 'Hack-man's sloppy seconds when he decides to try another amp. (I'll have $250 with your PayPal addy on it JM!)

c

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

. . . i hear you, but thinking of the Satriani tone (not bad - as i have 90% of all his albums ;) ) - it is just not me !

The Tiny Terror is almost spot-on, 'me' ! (going acording to clips on the net and over at the OrangeForum)

What do you recon will the 5w ValveKing's STREET Price be ?

. . . $200 flat ?

;)

Archived