any links to a free metronome download?

Alex D

• Members
Originally posted by onbongos

http://audacity.sourceforge.net

it records and has effects as a bonus
:thu:

hey this thing is pretty cool, not so sure about the metronome though. Is that the click track? I made a click track and it can set the beats per measure but is there anyway to set up # of strong beats within a measure? it seems to do it for the first one.

Thanks alot guys, I not complaining at all. All this helps alot :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by Alex D

I downloaded both, but how do you work this one. I can get the tempo, I not that stupid (I think)
:D
But I can seem to figure out how to put in a meter?

not sure, never used it.....but if you can't figure it out go to cnet.com...then go to downloads and search metronome and you will get a few hits...maybe one is more user friendly :)

• Members

ya I tried the pocket pc one, but you need a pocket pc :( I guess I should of figured that one out, I just so out of it today. With the whole jazz class and going to school from 930 am to 530 pm, it got me fried. I just want to sit down and play through these scales, but I got to get some software and test out some of those pratice amps you guys suggest tomorrow. I'm so tired :(

thanks for all the help by the way :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Alex D

hey this thing is pretty cool, not so sure about the metronome though. Is that the click track? I made a click track and it can set the beats per measure but is there anyway to set up # of strong beats within a measure? it seems to do it for the first one.

Thanks alot guys, I not complaining at all. All this helps alot
:thu:

uggh i was thinking of Kristal http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/ it has a metronome down by the record/playback controls. it's free too :thu:

the click track in audacity is fun though, you can apply effects to it

• Members
Originally posted by inscho

not sure, never used it.....but if you can't figure it out go to cnet.com...then go to downloads and search metronome and you will get a few hits...maybe one is more user friendly
:)

I take it all back, that metronome program is the {censored}. You just have to program the custom meter to the given sound. I just got pre-bebop and bebop tempo this way. Just have to use the closed hat to get the quick accent on the 8th and a ride cymbal for the long quarter note weak beat, and vice versa :)

very cool, thanks inscho :thu:

Archived