Octave Pedals

SpectorDave

• Members

Hey Everyone! im on the prowl for an octave pedal and would like to know what octave pedals you like and what you like about them. Also what ones to avoid!!! i would especially like one that does an octave down and an octave up. money isnt too much of an option, i can always just wait and save up!

• Members

What kind of money are you looking to spend?

If you want one down, one up (and two up to boot), you should look into a POG. They're big and pricey, but man do they track well. Not to mention the low pass filter is nice to have sometimes.

Most of the other things out there either do up or down. OC-2 goes down, OC-3 also (digital with a bit better tracking), chili dog (danelectro mini) is basically an oc-2 clone from what I've heard, zvex johnny octave is 1 or 2 up via footswitch.

There are a lot of options, but you might end up having to do two pedals.

• Members

If you like it analog, the FoxRox Octron is very good and does both up and down simultaneously. For digital, the Electro-Harmonix POG is nuts - it does up, down, and way more (12-string sounds, organ sounds etc.) plus it tracks whole chords.

And I have a Pearl Octaver with a busted pot - I really need to get around to fixing that thing.

• Members

a buddy of mine has an old school Pearl octave, and it tracks great. does one up and, I think, one and two down. Check the bay, I think there are some on there.

My OC-07 won't process my guitar's signal if I play beyond the 15th fret of the high E string on a standard-tuned electric guitar. Otherwise, it provides smooth, old-school analog lower octave goodness with a very faint upper octave.

If you are looking to have prominent upper and lower octaves and only need one octave down, the Foxrox Octron is simply amazing.

• Members

My OC-07 won't process my guitar's signal if I play beyond the 15th fret of the high E string on a standard-tuned electric guitar. Otherwise, it provides smooth, old-school analog lower octave goodness with a very faint upper octave.

If you are looking to have prominent upper and lower octaves and only need one octave down, the Foxrox Octron is simply amazing.

I have the same problem with the G-string of my bass, most octavers only have problems with the lowest notes...

My favourites: Exar OC-03 (-2,-1,+1) and Koda Octaver (-1,+1). The Exar OC-04 is the same as the OC-03 but also has a tone control for each of the lower octaves!

I have no boutique octavers, so I can't say anything about those...

• Members

What?
:)

I have a lot of old octavers (just bought 3 Vox Octavoices a few days ago
:)
), but most boutique pedals are too expensive for me, even secondhand
:(

The vintage ones look cooler anyway. :thu:

I agree about the price of most boutique octavers. I would not have been able to get a Foxrox Octron without trading for it. :o

• Members

The vintage ones look cooler anyway.
:thu:

I agree about the price of most boutique octavers. I would not have been able to get a Foxrox Octron without trading for it.
:o

I'll probably buy some boutique stuff too, but at the moment I can still buy several vintage pedals for the price of one boutique pedal. But sooner or later I'll have to start buying more expensive pedals too :D

• Members

I have the same problem with the G-string of my bass, most octavers only have problems with the lowest notes...

My favourites: Exar OC-03 (-2,-1,+1) and Koda Octaver (-1,+1). The Exar OC-04 is the same as the OC-03 but also has a tone control for each of the lower octaves!

I have no boutique octavers, so I can't say anything about those...

hey discofreq, what's the going rate on the exar oc-3?

Archived