So, what's the general consensus on AMT pedals?

rub1off&tie1on

• Members

I have 2 AMT pedals: one California Sound and one Metalizer. The California Sound is my favorite one. It has a very good heavy distorsion sound: smooth but aggressive, clean when one hit one string but with a huge growl with two-tone chords, very Mesa-like. The Metalizer is a over-the-top dist pedal: extreme heavy metal with the typical ear-hurting treble dist. Very nice if that is what one wants.

It is, however, a slight feeling of "old" analog technology over the AMT pedals. The California Sound is not not true by-pass, so there is a slight boxy sound from it also when it is "off". I have fixed that by putting it in a loop, so I can by-pass the pedal when I want - an easy fix.

My Metalizer, I

• Members

I love the clips of the California Sound and Du Hast but i'm leary of them actually sounding like that in person, anyone here tried them, or any other AMT pedals, and what did you think of them?

They sound very very good esopecially when used in direct to mixer or direct to power amp section.

And they have the cabionet simualtor built iin to their circuits - htat shelves off all frequenceis above 5000Hz, that reduces any buzzyness/harshness from the tone.

Good for recording, buit at low gain + live setting, that makes teh pedals sound a little less vibrant.

Archived