DMM and Memory Lane

PFDarkside

• Members

Is a Memory Lane capable of doing all the DMM stuff, plus more? If one were to buy a Memory Lane, would that basically negate the necessity to own a DMM? The DMM is one of the favored delays here, and I've been looking at the Memory Lane a lot too.

(Regardless of my fuzz and flanger posts, I think I definately need more in the time based area... Only an Echo Park, yet that's the only pedal that's always plugged in no matter what.)

• Members

I wouldn't ever see the point in owning both. The Memory Lane can do everything the DMM does in spades. Plus Tap Tempo, plus more controllable modulation. Just get a Memory Lane if you're willing to spend the dough. Ive had both and I loved both but just for options Id go woth the Memory Lane. There is fine line in the echo tone but its negligable for the most part.

• Members

well it is quite simple... :)

the modulation on the memory lane very nice but can't get as deep and wild as the dmm plus it doesn't do vibrato.

the dmm echo is also more echo.... not saying the ml sounds digital... but i also liked the repeats of the dmm more. the ml sounds more like a modern analog delay whereas the dmm sounds more vintage.

but the ml does have features the dmm doesn't have like tap tempo, expression pedal control, using other effects in a loop for the delayed sound. you even can get yours mod to sound better in oscillation mode, have 1/8 tab in.. etc...

Archived