Tube Distortion Pedal

triplepant

• Members

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for advise, which tube distortion Pedal or other pedal can make my marshall sound like a mesa boogie rectifier? I own the Boss MT-2 and its not exactly the same. I have a Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Head and a JCM 900 Cab. I also own a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier but I'm a student at university and can't afford it anymore. And I do not like the clean channel of the Mesa so its has to go.

Which Pedal can produce the same distorion like the rectifier?

I do not really care about the price or if its a tube pedal or not.

I play through the Marshall JCM 900 Distortion Channel. I put the Master all the right and pregain at about 9 to 11 o'clock. So it gives me this nice warm tube clean sound.

This is my first post in this forum hopefully you guys can help me.

• Members

i started a thread on the valveboy a while ago.. if there's a search function (is there?), a few forumites have used the valveboy and loved it.

unfortunately for me; hard to source, too pricey.

well... if you think of it as 2 pedals then it's not too bad (280 or so). Every time i go to the mesa store on sunset in la i play that pedal and leave thinking that i should buy it. my only problem is that it is a little too big for my board. the gt-500 that fulltone is gonna put out looks cool too.

Archived