Are those newer Zoom modelers any good?

rub1off&tie1on

• Members

Deja vu!

I still haven't figured out how to use my gmail page to host files, and I lost the link to the other thread. Hopefully someone here will be able to help you or me and further your search for info.

Out of curiosity, which model are you looking at? Their modeling-only ones or the higher end, tube-bearing models?

• Members

I didn't know they had a Diezel model.. I'm not sure the G2 does, but I could be wrong.

For what it's worth, I use the G2 and it's okay. Good enough from home direct recording. I recorded the lead track on this with a stock patch on the G2. Sounds good to me. I've heard awesome things about the tube models. They're supposed to be very good.

• Members

I didn't know they had a Diezel model.. I'm not sure the G2 does, but I could be wrong.

For what it's worth, I use the G2 and it's okay. Good enough from home direct recording. I recorded the lead track on
with a stock patch on the G2. Sounds good to me. I've heard awesome things about the tube models. They're supposed to be very good.

Have you dug any deeper into it? I didn't find any of the stock patches appealing beyond a brief introduction to some of its capabilities for in-store demo purposes, although there are some decent clean sound presets. I have, however, been able to make a few good patches for my own sonic tastes and have gotten some juicy crunch, distortion, and really atmospheric cleans out of it. The ability to assign the pedal to different parameters of effects is really, really cool. One of my favorite things to do with it is to blend a 3rd, 5th, or 7th-up mono pitch shifter where 0

Archived