Boss CE-2 vs Analogman Chorus

psx00

• Members

Both great choruses. The CE-2 has a slightly attenuated frequency response, and a very noticable mid hump. The Analogman really doesn't. No mid hump, and full range response, while retaining warmth. The AM is slightly less noisy, and does a great job with leslie emulation on fast.

Across the board, I'd say the Analogman is better in all respects except one - the CE-2 sounds great with distortion, if you like chorus+ distortion. It doesn't get harsh or tinny the way many choruses, including the AM tend to do.

You can play Purple Rain just fine with the Analogman: http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/PR.mp3

• Members

Both great choruses. The CE-2 has a slightly attenuated frequency response, and a very noticable mid hump. The Analogman really doesn't. No mid hump, and full range response, while retaining warmth. The AM is slightly less noisy, and does a great job with leslie emulation on fast.

Across the board, I'd say the Analogman is better in all respects except one - the CE-2 sounds great with distortion, if you like chorus+ distortion. It doesn't get harsh or tinny the way many choruses, including the AM tend to do.

You can play Purple Rain just fine with the Analogman:

Thanks, that was really helpful. I'm after a very subtle chorus effect at times. I already have a Fulltone Dejavibe and, it looks like I'll be getting a Leslie 16 this coming week, so I'm pretty covered for the "Leslie" sound. Through in an EVH MXR Phase 90 and I'm almost done with modulation, hehe. I rarely, RARELY use any distortion/overdrive and would not use it with chorus anyways (I just don't enjoy the sound), so this really did help me towards a decision.

Archived