I want a tech21 American woman pedal

Mxr20

• Members

On the other hand, I actually own a Randy Bachman American Woman and like it quite a bit. It works for me, just like my DOD Big Pig Fat Distortion does. Maybe it is because they are so supremely crappy. But they have sounds in them that can be useful sometimes.

• Members

I reallly do enjoy that lead tone, but do you need a pedal dedicated soley to that tone? I mean, it's not that difficult to reproduce with standard effects/guitars/amps.

I got mine because it was there, looked kind of cool, and was kind of cheap. It was in a used music store. Most of their stuff was teh standard Boss and DOD stuff and lots of plastic Danelectros. But nothing that really stood out. So I got that and a Small Clone. If you use that sound more than on a rare occasion the American Woman is a cool thing to have. It beats carrying an Ebow around in my pocket. The American Woman's regular distortion and overdrive sounds are okay. It's just a box that you have to be a little outside the box to fully appreciate. When I take it to a gig I use it for other things than just "American Woman".

Of course the American Woman is not the ultimate fuzz or overdrive unit. It pales in comparison to my Bee Baa and Jersey Girl Fulltender. But it has its own sounds in there. You just have to use your imagination to get them out.

Archived