Sooty OR Bungle?

• Members

Bostin' Steve Austin!

I'm from the Black Country - Bilston - but somehow got dragged up here to Yorkshire after meeting my wife at Wolves uni. Go down to visit my folks pretty regularly, and am always surprised how much I miss it. And Banks's beer!

Good to see another black country boy on HCFX.

I think I miss the sense of humour of the black counrty the most.

• Members

My grandad would {censored}ing have you for the Wolves comment - personally I agree - {censored} he'd {censored}ing have me for that as well.

I'll post a pic when I get the chance.

Good to see another black country boy on HCFX.

I think I miss the sense of humour of the black counrty the most.

At least the don't play at Gay Meadow like Shrewsbury!

Wolves are so {censored} nowadays! Used to be good in the 70's! Good-ish!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members

Well, I'd have to go for Sooty, as Bungle used to get right on my tit ends, even as a kid...but surely George was even worse, camper than a boy scouts jamboree and with the most annoying voice ever.

Yes, it's a test of faith being a Wolves supporter, especially growing up in the era of the Doog, John Richards and Kenny Hibbert (and Steve Bull later, of course), but even now being in The Molineux when The Liquidator comes on is still a life-enhancing experience. Sort of.

• Members

Well, I'd have to go for Sooty, as Bungle used to get right on my tit ends, even as a kid...but surely George was even worse, camper than a boy scouts jamboree and with the most annoying voice ever.

Yes, it's a test of faith being a Wolves supporter, especially growing up in the era of the Doog, John Richards and Kenny Hibbert (and Steve Bull later, of course), but even now being in The Molineux when The Liquidator comes on is still a life-enhancing experience. Sort of.

John Richards....That was his name!

:mad: :mad: :thu::mad: :mad:

• Members

Have to agree with Goldie-gold about missing the Black Country sense of humour - and let me tell you, you wouldn't believe how incredibly slowly people here speak. To paraphrase Nigel Tuffnell, you can go and have a bite to eat and the sentence is still going.

He! He!

Jeff Boycott'd

:wave: :wave:

• Members

I'm not sure...

I grew up with both of them.

My favourite was always Zippy in Rainbow.

My brother and I had these Sooty and Sweep hand-puppets and he was always sweep.

I think I like Sue, even if you does whinge alot, just like George.

I HATE ZIPPY!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Archived