The HOG is superior to the POG

• Members

Ok, so it's a bit of a provacative title. But naively I've worked out why some might be saying the tracking is better on the POG or that it sounds less digital.

I've been spending more time with my HOG and perhaps I've stumbled across what could cause this diagnosis... The HOG is capable of more extreme setting, more intervals, more ocatves but at its heart there is a great tracking octave doubler...so if you set more normal setting or one like the POG is capable of you get great tracking and less digital say than a Boss PS or whammy (i only have the PS5 to compare against at the moment but have owned a whammy).

If you set even halfway setting for say 4 of the bands you do get a little digital warble in there. Set the HOG for just 1 octave up and 1 down and it'll be spot on.

Now if only the HOG would whammy more than just one octave we'd be set.

• Members

the tracking is better on the POG or that it sounds less digital.

Yeah the tracking is better on the POG and it does sound much less digital. The POG is thicker too. Overall, the POG is darker because of the detune sliders. The HOG is happier and funkier with envelope filter wah effects. I think the "vibe" has more to do with whether or not a guitar player likes one or the other. Dark/moody players will probably prefer POGs. Bright/Flashy/Progressive type players will probably prefer the HOG

Archived