BMPi Russian

• Members

the construction is not top notch. but, with a little care, it'll do most folks just fine for awhile (read: just dont chuck it in a milkcrate with other junque to get it to gigs). soundwise, its a bit more distortion-y than 'standard' muff fare. good stuff in general soundswise, weak points are construction (cheap strange-size switch).

• Members

I liked mine. Great sound, reliable, and it's a forgiving box -- you can use a variety of guitars and amps with it and still sound good.

It has its own sound though, which means it will not be the be-all-end-all dirt pedal. It does what it does, and it does it well.

Look around for a used one. If you don't like it, flip it for what you paid.

c

• Members

I'll disagree with the comments about the build quality. I haven't had any problems and the box is actually rather solid, but still on the big side. There really isn't a lot of difference between this one and the NYC Muff, I have had both, and I think the Russian is just a tad bit darker, grittier sounding.

• Members

I'll disagree with the comments about the build quality. I haven't had any problems and the box is actually rather solid, but still on the big side. There really isn't a lot of difference between this one and the NYC Muff, I have had both, and I think the Russian is just a tad bit darker, grittier sounding.

i've seen a few/multiple posts regarding broken jacks and/or switches on them, thats all it was in regards to. personally, i'd have no prob at all with it (i really, really dig the sovtek stone), i probably shoulda just qualified my comments better. the boxes are awesome.

• Members

+1. The LBM is better.

I'd go with that, but if you're getting a Russian for under $30 or so (which is a decent deal on those), then I'd say go with that.

Of the three Muffs being made by EHX, I'd say the order of best to worst is: LBM > Russian > NYC, but lots of people like the NYC better than the Russian.

• Members

+1 for the Little Big Muff. It is true-bypass, has better parts, and has a 9v adapter jack. I have both the Russian and the LBM, and the LBM is cleary better to me after comparing them. As soon as I can get down to GC, my Russian Muff will be gone. :thu:

• Members

+1 for the Little Big Muff. It is true-bypass, has better parts, and has a 9v adapter jack. I have both the Russian and the LBM, and the LBM is cleary better to me after comparing them. As soon as I can get down to GC, my Russian Muff will be gone.
:thu:

how long has your russian muff been around?

Archived