Mastodon Tonight!

aeonrevolution

• Members

So Mastodon was pretty darn good.

I didn't even know who was opening so I was in for a surprise there. Priestess! :eek::thu:

Man was that a great surprise! Next, was Converge. :freak: :freak: :bor: :bor: :confused::(
Ya....

Mastodon's vocals were ace. I didn't expect them to be as top notch as they were. I was a tad disappointed in the song selection, mostly all straight metal and fast rock stuff and not as much mellower groovy stuff. Oh well it was worth the drive.

:wave:

• Members

I used to play in an Indie-ish type band, in the old sense of the definition anyway (Matador, Alias, Merge type stuff). We opened for Dillinger Escape Plan & Mastadon a couple years back to a sold out house. Pretty flippin sweet. Both bands were great live. Funny thing is that in a sold out house we didn't sell one record. Completely different crowd than what we ever played to, so I can see why they didn't like us. Lots of Patton worshippers with bad acne and black trenchcoats (it was right after the Patton EP came out). Buncha tech heads. Makes for a good story though, plus the show was incredible. We witnessed that new guy that took over after Patton take a {censored} on the stage behind the drum curtain right before they went on. He's a pretty weird dude.

• Members

Saw them tonight. Awesome. Could have used more bass in the mix, and less vocals, b ut otherwise great. Now Converge on the other hand...I love their last 3 albums, but everytime i see them live i am tempted to just leave. Awful.

Very glad Mastodon played Hearts Alive

• Members

We witnessed that new guy that took over after Patton take a {censored} on the stage behind the drum curtain right before they went on. He's a pretty weird dude.

Greg Puciato. He also did vocals on Error's record. Very cool, glitchy stuff. I like the fact that he can actually sing, as well as doing the crazy screams and growls and stuff.

• Members

Greg Puciato. He also did vocals on Error's record. Very cool, glitchy stuff. I like the fact that he can actually sing, as well as doing the crazy screams and growls and stuff.

He is extremely talented, yes... but some of the singing he does on the new DEP is just lame to me. He lives near me, too. Nice guy in person, asshole on stage. Guess that's how rockstars roll!

• Members

just got back from mastodon in bumble{censored} NJ. great live band. stood right behind the soundboard and took it all in. it was like church for me.

a.

I was there as well, in fact I was probably somwhere right next to you because we were behind the soundboard as well.

We got there late and probably missed the first few songs but we got to see about 4 songs and then the 2 encores. They kicked some serious ass! {censored}ing incredible. I am definitely going to see them when they come around again and get there early!

• Members

the two encores were hearts alive and... ? for the first time in my LIFE I walked out on a band that I'm crazy about before the encores. had to catch a 12:09 back to NYC or I'd be standing in the cold for an hour. god, I'm a {censored}.

I wish they'd add "siberian divide" into their set. there's a clip of them playing the end of it in their rehearsal space on the DVD that came with Blood Mountain and it is completely devastating. brann, the drummer, especially during that clip is just {censored}ing amazing.

great show.

here's a link to a great interview with bill, one of the guitarists. he talks gear.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/mastodon_guitarist_i_sold_my_soul_to_the_devil.html

Archived