Best volume pedal?

Zlandicar

• Members

I know this has been asked a gazillion times but as you all know, the search function is fuct.

I want a volume pedal to do swells and other fun techniques. It will be going near the END of my signal path (after everything except 2 delays, and possibly after those). So I need something with a helluva good frequency response, a GOOD bypass and, ideally, a low noise floor.

Whatcha got?

• Members

I like my Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Junior and find no tone loss at all.

I would like a Visual Sounds Visual Volume, but I already have a volume pedal.

Does it (the VP Jr) run in stereo? I know there's only one in/out jack, but I figure maybe it can accept TRS.

• Members

i'm really gassing for a trem probe, if i could just get over the price!

Trem Probe is great for swells.

In answer to the other things asked: It has true bypass, it has a great frequency responce, although, it is essentially a SHO, so it does add a tiny amount of sparkle - no bad thing in my book, and it has a very low noise floor. The only noise you do get is if you make contact with the plate with your skin, which never happens unless you are using your hand (which you wouldn't be doing whilst playing) or unless you play bare-foot, which I am assuming you do not.

The only problems are that you cannot leave it at a certain volume level like a conventional volume pedal, its a Zvex so you have to buy a powerplate if you want to put it on your board, and it costs a {censored} load. Also, it can be a little tricky to use at first.

Oh, one other thing - I have never gigged with it and I have never personally used it with a powersupply (may be noisier with a power supply) so I have no idea how it would perform live.

• Members

Does it (the VP Jr) run in stereo? I know there's only one in/out jack, but I figure maybe it can accept TRS.

No, a single in and a single out.

It does have a tuner out, so I can see an interesting way of using that I need to try.

Run your main amp off the tuner out, then have an echo of some description on the normal output, connect that to a smaller amp.

Make sure that the second amp is at the right volume to be heard. Volume swells would be sweeeeeeet like that.

• Members

No, a single in and a single out.

It does have a tuner out, so I can see an interesting way of using that I need to try.

Run your main amp off the tuner out, then have an echo of some description on the normal output, connect that to a smaller amp.

Make sure that the second amp is at the right volume to be heard. Volume swells would be sweeeeeeet like that.

How are the bypass (ie, what kind) and freq response? I wouldn't much care except it's going at the end.

EDIT - Aw, hell, it doesn't matter. It's going in a TB loop anyway. :)

Archived