Xotic X-Blender

gr8fuldodd

• Members

I decided to get a few items to enhance what I already had:

The Xotic X-Blender not only gives me an fx loop, but a nice blend function that allows you to increase or decrease the wet signal w/ the bypassed dry signal (insert "duh" here).

Anyway, I've never been able to truly hear the difference b/w my direct signal and my signal after running through my board as clear as this

so now my cleans are absolutely sparkling.

But the blend function is great too.

It really makes my holy grail a lot more useful.

Now I can use it for some heavy reverb but my tone doesn't get completely swallowed by it.

Flerb now does something for me.

I can also get some interesting tones w/ some of my modulation pedals that I couldn't before.

I can also get some really cool fuzz solo tones by keeping some of the dry signal in there.

It helps any pedals that have a volume drop b/c it's got a some nice tweaks on board like volume, treble, bass, and even a 6db boost.

Lastly it has a phase inversion function to help with vintage wah or boosts, but I don't need that.

fxblender.jpg

I also picked up a 3rd Hand by Tone in Progress.

It allows you to control any knob on a pedal with a rocking pedal (not exactly an expression pedal, but pretty much the same thing; there's nothing electronic about it).

Thus far I attached it to my semaphore's rate knob. Very nice.

What's cool about it is you can use it on any pedal for any parameter whether it has an expression pedal input or not.

thirdhand.jpg

Archived