NIN conspiracy theory sites... any of you see that shit?

JoshuaLogan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regardless whether you're a fan or not, this is a damn good point and could be applied to A LOT of other artists...

I personally feel laziness(which I dont think trent has) is irrelevant. Who knows why artists take time between their work, i know I heard that trent was dealing with alcoholism and depression, and having been there before I know that personally when I'm feeling {censored}ty/depressed/whatever, the last thing I want to think about is having to produce music. I'd rather artists take their time and release something worth while (although I cant agree with this regarding With teeth) rather than pump out music CONSTANTLY and have it be mediocre at best. SO many bands I can think of that were pressured to release cd's by their record company's and ended up releasing an album that sucked. Again, this is coming from a nine inch nails fan, but I'm sure you can agree with this statement regarding whoever your favorite musician/artist is.

• Members

I don't believe ALL conspiracy theories are BS, but if you look at this stuff a little bit more, it's pretty clear it's some futuristic sci-fi thing he has set up.

anyways, here's a recording from some telephone line they have set up:

http://symphonyofnoise.com/nails/yearzero/216.333.1810.mp3

apparently you can call it and listen... somebody recorded it... I think this might not be the only number they have set up... haha

lol P.S. I found it funny that the drug Opal that they talk about is actually something real... it's just a mineral, and is in fact Australia's national gem stone! lol
:lol:

hey.. thanks a lot. this is pretty cool.

• Members

I personally feel laziness(which I dont think trent has) is irrelevant. Who knows why artists take time between their work, i know I heard that trent was dealing with alcoholism and depression, and having been there before I know that personally when I'm feeling {censored}ty/depressed/whatever, the last thing I want to think about is having to produce music. I'd rather artists take their time and release something worth while (although I cant agree with this regarding With teeth) rather than pump out music CONSTANTLY and have it be mediocre at best. SO many bands I can think of that were pressured to release cd's by their record company's and ended up releasing an album that sucked. Again, this is coming from a nine inch nails fan, but I'm sure you can agree with this statement regarding whoever your favorite musician/artist is.

+1

• Members
first and foremost, I cannot wait to get home to listen to your music and realize that much more how big of a dumbass you are....

second, welcome to my ignore list....

{censored}in wanker.

I'm sorry...I made this personal how? Because I don't like your pet band and questioned someone's work ethic? You're a very touchy individual.

My music blows. But at least it's up there. Rip it to shreds, chief. :thu:

• Members

+1

He was also addicted to heroin and was working to get over that for a while.

• Members

I like the fact that he's doing something different to release this new album.
Anyone who said Reznor is no longer "relevant" or some such chaff as that, hasn't been listening. Not many people give him credit for normalizing a lot of KUHrazy studio wizardry - and he did it the hard way. he changed the way popular electronic music sounds, like him or not. his current output might not be bleeding edge, but he isn't just {censored}ting out half-assed efforts.

he is extremely focused and proficient at many many instruments and pieces of hardware. and all that {censored} about a low creative output...{censored}in hell, are you serious? the guy tours all the time, he also records other bands, makes soundscapes for video games, he's done tons of remixes for other bands...

what the {censored}? the guy is busy.

and, for the last album, to build hype, he released each channel track from his single to let people remix the song the way they want and set up a library so people could go listen to what others did with it.
that's awesome - why do people hate him so much?

this time, they're planting a USB drive with one album track at select shows somewhere in the house, and encouraging people to post the tracks online when they find them. the third track was found yesterday and posted on Digg.
sorry, i find that cool, and i still support Reznor when he puts new stuff out.
how cool is that?

Archived