Diamond Fireburst, J-drive! UNDERRATED!!!

plecoman

• Members

I tried both these pedals a couple of days ago and WOW! The J-drive is a very nice boost ppedal and OD in one. The OD channel and Boost channel are indipendent so each can be used to their full potentials. I like the OD side alot, has a very amp like sound, reminds me of a very nice tubescreamer, but less midrange. I didn't buy it because I have a whole bunch of stuff that does the job, if I didn't this pedal would be mine. The clean side is also very unbiased in my opnion

The Fireburst really got me GASing though. Its a high gain distiortion with a Mid boost swith. This pedal has alot of gain on tap, and a LP sustains forever when the gain is just on 12:00. The voice of it is KIND OF Marshally, but not really, alot like a very well tuned RAT. I loved it. The Midboost doesnt add that much mid, it brings everything together into a tight, big sounding Distortion. In this case it is not independent like the J-Drive. If I had a bit more $ this month I would snatch the Fireburst without thinking twice.

I truly urge all you OD/Dirt fans to try these out, They seemed to have been overlooked and shadowed probably because of their bigger Cousin the Memory Lane.

Archived