help me in choosing how to mod my tele

dysorexia

• Members

Picture297.jpg

I'm thinking of changing the pickguard to one of the three colors (or another if you can reccomend one and show a pic, which would be helpful)

Also I want to swap the pups because both of them as muddy as hell. So suggest away! :thu:

• Members

I think white looks best with that color. Maybe just the one ply white, not the white, black, white laminate.

which model is that?

a google image search for blonde telecaster might show you some options.

• Members

I think white looks best with that color. Maybe just the one ply white, not the white, black, white laminate.

which model is that?

a google image search for blonde telecaster might show you some options.

it's an MIA telecaster I got for 85 bucks. Found it at a yardsale along with some pedals. Do you like NoFX? Hefe plays a tele :cool:

• Members

I really like tortoise pickguards.
:love:

Sweet score too!

yeah I thought so too, I asked the lady to hold it while I checked the serial number to see if it was authentic. She threw in some old pedals too, so it was a cool score.

• Members

The Tele was pretty much a perfect design from the get go. Any move toward old school tele specs is a good move. :thu:

That said, I have a pair of DiMarzio Virtual Vintage noiseless tele pickups if you want them. :love:

• Members

The Tele was pretty much a perfect design from the get go. Any move toward old school tele specs is a good move.
:thu:

That said, I have a pair of DiMarzio Virtual Vintage noiseless tele pickups if you want them.
:love:

damn... I sold a bunch of tab books to GC and I wanna use the credit, because I rarely go there as is. Thanks though!

• Members

Keep it white and throw in a boutique set of pups.

I'd modify mine but I just bought a Wii so no mods for me as of late.

I almost bought a Wii but bought an Xbox 360. My girlfriend got one, so it's cool. Lots of fun. Any recommendations as for the pups? Lollars or fralins? I'm not enlightened in boutique pickups.

• Members

I have generally preferred lollars, but I just put a set of Fralins in a tele and I'm very impressed.

I don't think you could go wrong either way. But I doubt you'll find either in GC.
:cry:

yeah I realized...I'm thinking of putting in a seymour duncan neck pickup though.

• Members

I honestly don't know whether I was playing the '52 T Series or just the Vintage T series but it was inside this nash guitar

2985a.jpg

The neck pickup alone reminded me a lot of Jeff Buckley's early Telecaster tone. The bridge pickup wasn't too trebly but still punchy for my tastes, and the neck pickup was remarkably clear sounding and very round, if you can sort of visualize what i'm trying to describe.

• Members

I voted keep it white. Looks good the way it is!

I've got some Kinman's in my Tele and like them a lot.

well you can't tell in that pic but the white one I have is pretty dirty and grimmy. It was in a smoke filled house and smells like menthols. I might consider just buying another white one, I have some GC credit. :thu:

• Members

well you can't tell in that pic but the white one I have is pretty dirty and grimmy. It was in a smoke filled house and smells like menthols. I might consider just buying another white one, I have some GC credit.
:thu:

You could eBay the old one as a special rare Relic model.

• Members

I honestly don't know whether I was playing the '52 T Series or just the Vintage T series but it was inside this nash guitar

2985a.jpg

The neck pickup alone reminded me a lot of Jeff Buckley's early Telecaster tone. The bridge pickup wasn't too trebly but still punchy for my tastes, and the neck pickup was remarkably clear sounding and very round, if you can sort of visualize what i'm trying to describe.

jeff buckley only ever used one tele... the vintage white one with (most of the time) a mirror scratch plate...

it can be best heard naturally on the live at Sin e album.

the man is god :(

Archived