any opinions on ibanez fl9?

johnrambo

• Members

No major (i.e. discernable) tone suckage and it is pretty quiet. It goes from very subtle to pronounced but not over the top (or through zero) like a TZF. Mines not going anywhere (but neither is my vintage MXR). It is certainly worth a try.

:thu::wave:

• Members

i've got an orig FL9 (had it since mid 80s), and when in bypass, flanging can be heard in the background. its not terrible, but that combined with its limited flexibility have left me pretty unimpressed with it. the arion sfl-1 is 10x the flanger the FL9 is, imho, while having a fuller-sounding version of the FL9 tone.

• Members

Very happy with mine. It makes really neat sounds with an almost dead battery in it. I have mine hooked up with a DC Brick and set at very subtle levels, def. not over the top which IMO makes it more usable.

• Members

when i think flanger i hear slow metallic sweeps back and forth in my head but the more i read i'm finding they seem capable of more. how do you guys prefer to use them?

I have the SF10, but from what I can tell its very similar to the 9 series....its real magic is in its noise making capabilities...it makes such an awesome whine/siren sound. :love:

Archived