Argh, Pedal Repair?

Joranges

• Members

Well, it really isn't anything too big. I come home after a night out (Happy Belated St Pattys, by the way!), and I accidentally yanked off one of the two wires (the black one to be specific) from my batter snap (at the 'snap' part?).

So, I actually do have some extra battery snaps however the last time I tried to put something together (about two weeks ago).. everything pretty much imploded and I really don't trust my own soldering skills anymore.

And I could probably just use an adapter but I have solder and some battery snaps already available. (Adapters I find too noisy in my opinion..)

Plus, I tried reparing it already and the soldering iron is too big to fit/reach in to desolder/re-solder a new battery snap on.

Do people in stores do these sort of things? (Repair pedals) How much do they usually charge? :confused:

And finally Is there an easier way to fix it? (Like tear off the 'snap cover' and just repair the wire)

Any suggestions, experiences, etc?

• Members
Well, it really isn't anything too big. I come home after a night out (Happy Belated St Pattys, by the way!), and I accidentally yanked off one of the two wires (the black one to be specific) from my batter snap (at the 'snap' part?).

So, I actually do have some extra battery snaps however the last time I tried to put something together (about two weeks ago).. everything pretty much imploded and I really don't trust my own soldering skills anymore.

And I could probably just use an adapter but I have solder and some battery snaps already available. (Adapters I find too noisy in my opinion..)

Plus, I tried reparing it already and the soldering iron is too big to fit/reach in to desolder/re-solder a new battery snap on.

Do people in stores do these sort of things? (Repair pedals) How much do they usually charge?
:confused:

And finally Is there an easier way to fix it? (Like tear off the 'snap cover' and just repair the wire)

Any suggestions, experiences, etc?

If you sure the connection to the board is good, cut off the dead snap connector and splice a new one on...drop a little solder on the splice and either shrink wrap it or cover with electrical tape...

• Members

Did that on my bassballs last night then coccooned it in electrical tape, but I'm using a 9v barrel to battery clip adapter so didn't need to leave access to the contact pads.

Archived