Analog Man AR20DL Analog Delay demo

fatbackribs

• Members

That pedal is pretty neat. Never been a fan of delay pedals, but the concept of an analog one is intriguing. Definitely like the sound when you mess with the knobs and get it to sort of feedback I guess.

• Members

The Jacques and the AnalogMan delays were both loaners so I can't compare them side by side. The obvious difference is that the Jacques has a modulation section which can lead to its own kind of sonic madness. Both are nice pedals. From memory and looking at my old vid, I'd say the Jacques has slightly more clarity while the A.M. is a bit warmer in the breakup of the repeats.

• Members

Yup, about 300ms. max.

It works great for those shorter time settings such as slap-back and with the repeats up it can add some nice ambience. I have an AD-900 that I use for the longer echoes. It mainly depends on your needs and applications.

• Members

daphonman!

I'm so glad he did get someone overseas to make it, before he tweaks it here. The price of $150 wouldn't have happened with out it. it's a modded mass produced pedal, much like the sd1, and ds1 you tend to like so much

Archived