i need dirt!

• Members

any recommendations for a good overdrive pedal to handle music along the lines of death cab, rilo kiley, the decemberists, etc? i'm running rickenbackers into an ac30 now, but i might be switching over to a dr z or fender in the future. i have a bad monkey and a ts9dx (both were gifts), but i'd like something nicer.

i know chris walla used to use a fulldrive, but has switched to a klon (way outta my price range), so i'm thinking about checking out the fulltone stuff...

thanks in advance!

• Members

hmm...i'll look into barber stuff. the bor is interesting, but i haven't read up on it too much. a lot of people seem to love the ocd for solo stuff, but say that it doesn't quite cut it with a band.

maybe i should just get my ts9dx modded by keeley?

thanks again...

• Members

hmmm...judging by the clips, the mule is a little too grainy, if that makes sense. i actually really dug the clips on fulltone's site with the really low gain. the acbooster looks cool. there's a shop near my place that has an ocd, so maybe i'll just try it out to see.

• Members

hmmm...judging by the clips, the mule is a little too grainy, if that makes sense. i actually really dug the clips on fulltone's site with the really low gain. the acbooster looks cool. there's a shop near my place that has an ocd, so maybe i'll just try it out to see.

I know what you can mean my grainy.the volume knob on the guitar helps wit hthat, but mule is probalbyn ot for you then. OCD sounds too harsh and trebly to me. I was recording a demo for my band, the ocd's tone stuck out liek a sore thumb. The boss overdrive is pretty awesome though. I;ve only played it once. i would steer clear of OCD, but give it a try. I don't think it is worth the money.

Archived